We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia gems

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Croatia gems

Has anyone used this agency before to book a villa in Croatia?

The villa near Orebic, Peljesac Peninsula looks great in the pictures but I would love to hear from someone who has booked with this agency before.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia gems

Hi did you book with Croatia Gems? I am looking at one of their villas but cant find anything written about Croatia Gems. I am not sure about their system for taking deposits. If you did book I would love to hear from you. Many Thanks

Coleford, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia gems

hi we have been with them about 3 times , really lovely people , not a big company so you get more personal treatment , I must have driven them mad the first time I asked so many questions but they were very helpful and the rep over there is really good too - if you are nervous (as I was ) Denise always says to pay the deposit by credit card then you are covered for the whole booking the other girl Saron is nice too very knowledgable, she gave me loads of tips on where to go and they fixed up kayaking for the kids too

have a good time

sarah

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia gems

Thank you so much. Thats brilliant!

England
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia gems

HI

I also travelled with them this year.

We had major problems with the initial villa - which turned out to be very unpleasant (they hadn't vetted it personally ) But within 2 hrs they had moved us to a brilliant villa.

they have a local rep (mlini) who was very helpful.

Word of caution, there is plenty of accommodation available and prices competitive so suggest you book direct and save yourself £1000 plus.

Great Place.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia gems

Thanks so much for your message. We just returned from Mlini, and found out that the Villa was not called Tamarind locally but Villa Gemma, so that it cant be booked direct. I agree the place is brilliant. The villa was ok, but needed updating a bit.

Appreciate you taking the time to send the message. Many Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croatia gems

We read your post after our stay. We also stayed in villa tamarind, called gemma locally. The rep for Croatia gems was brilliant and had us picked up by water sports people in cavtat by boat and recommended great trips and restaurants but the villa is in definite need of a make over and the towels and bedding awful. Village of mlini is good but preferred cavtat for greater restaurant choice and wished we had rented a car so we had more freedom.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Croatia gems

Yes I agree bedding and towels were not good! Also agree Cavtat is lovely. Villa does need an update, its in quite a good location though. The owners daily visits were a bit strange as well! But loved Croatia, Dubrovnik is lovely. Would go back again. Thanks for all the comments much appreciated.

Southampton, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Croatia gems

Just returned from staying in Mlini at Villa Tamarind. Really enjoyed our stay and found the villa very comfortable and roomy for me and my husband and our 3 daughters (who particularly enjoyed the private pool). Owners were very accommodating with regard to arrival and departure times and all our dealings with Croatia Gems were smooth and efficient. In summary, no complaints and I would recommend!

9. Re: Croatia gems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, September 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Mlini
Recent Conversations
More Mlini Topics