We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koufonissi

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
457 posts
13 reviews
5 helpful votes
Koufonissi

Hi,

We are travelling to greek islands in July, we will visit Santorini, Naxos and Koufonissi, what is your suggestion of days for Koufonissi? I have seen that its a really tiny island and we do not want to get bored. We are a couple in our thirties. How are the beaches compared to Naxos?

Thanks in advance,

7 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,863 posts
14 reviews
64 helpful votes
1. Re: Koufonissi

Hi

You can walk around Koufonisi in a day and see every beach no problem. 3 days (4 nights) is enough. It is by far the most popular of the four small Cyclades islands, even acquiring a degree of fashion status.

Naxos is much larger and more going on, and of course longer bigger beaches.

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
457 posts
13 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Koufonissi

so do you recommend to stay there or just a day trip from Naxos?

Level Contributor
760 posts
3. Re: Koufonissi

Koufonissi beaches are too small and narrow for the number of people the island accommodates during July& August. They are unbearably crowded.

Dorset
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
52 reviews
46 helpful votes
4. Re: Koufonissi

In July/August I would definitely stay in Naxos and take a day trip to Koufonisi! You will find so much to do on Naxos with its fabulous beaches, chora and villages. There are boat trips from the main port and also from Agia Anna, not just to Koufonisi but to other small islands as well.

Edited: 1:49 am, February 05, 2019
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Koufonissi

We stayed for 5 nights in July last year. It is a beautiful island. Beaches are golden sandy and waters are clear. It is busy but far from unbearable. Some great trails for walking/running if interested. Good selection of restaurants. I would recommend a few days rather than a day trip..

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
507 posts
23 reviews
36 helpful votes
6. Re: Koufonissi

A day trip would not do justice to this little gem. As with any day trip, time is spent thinking about returning to base. There are many beaches to choose from over a few days. I would suggest a minimum of three full days to get a feel of the place...

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,863 posts
14 reviews
64 helpful votes
7. Re: Koufonissi

A day trip is just not enough, I certainly would not recommend that at all. I have stayed several times for 3 days(4 nights) and combine that with a stay on Amorgos and another of the small Cyclades islands.

You get early morning ferries from the Amorgos direction thus a good 3½ days.

Reply to: Koufonissi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Koufonissi