We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Paros

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Ferry to Paros

Hi.... Looking to catch a ferry from Koufonissi to Paros on Saturday July 28th. We have a flight from Paros at 4pm. The only ferry I can see is at 2.45pm which is too late. Anybody know if there is an earlier one? I've checked ferries.gr. Thanks

Shepperton, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Ferry to Paros

You'd need to get the Express Skopelitis ferry to Naxos. This leaves about 9.30am and gets to Naxos about 12 noon. The next earliest connection to Paros is the 12.50 Seajet Terajet which theoretically arrives to Paros at 13.30. Naxos is the mid-point on it's journey so could easily end up being late. You don't really need all this 2 hour check in business at small greek airports so as long as you get there by 3pm you should be ok. Taxi from Parikia to the airport is about 15mins.

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Ferry to Paros

Thank you very much. Do you think is it necessary to pre book the ferry?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,835 posts
14 reviews
64 helpful votes
3. Re: Ferry to Paros

Hi,

I would not risk those connections for a flight. One reason is the choppy sea at that time of year can make ferries late. The Express Skopelitis is small. Seajets catamarans often an hour or two late etc.

They may even tinker with timings. I would go the day before to make sure.

You then have the big Highspeed 4 direct to Paros, plus the connections starting with the Express Skopelitis to Naxos and of course plenty of time.

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Ferry to Paros

Many Thanks. Travelling the day before seems the safest option..

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
47 reviews
35 helpful votes
5. Re: Ferry to Paros

Hi! Yes, I would recommend pre-booking the ferry. At the end of July thousands will want to get to the islands, it would be a bummer if you cannot find a seat at the specific date you are interested in. Plus, during weekends more people travel around the islands. I always book my tickets 1-2 months before arrival during high season. Especially the round-trips staring from Piraeus.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
9,447 posts
6. Re: Ferry to Paros

Express Skopelitis is a reliable little ferry, but can't control the weather. I'd keep an eye on the weather forecasts the last few days before the 28th, and agree travelling the day before would be safer.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
5,020 posts
1,168 reviews
659 helpful votes
7. Re: Ferry to Paros

As people have said, you have to go the day before to Paros. Stay in Parikia, but take a trip in the evening to Naoussa

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
11 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: Ferry to Paros

The Skopelitis is sometimes cancelled due to bad weather, so you can't rely on it when catching a flight. I can't understand why you are flying from Paros. It would be more obvious to get a ferry direct to Piraeus, or fly from Naxos.

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Ferry to Paros

Thanks for the help..

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
5,020 posts
1,168 reviews