We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Boat to Favignana from Trapani in late October

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
443 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Boat to Favignana from Trapani in late October

I am planning 5 days in Favignana in late Oct and want any recommendation on whether to wait until arrival in Trapani or should i prebuy on the Sirremar site? I am thinking it might be prudent to wait to see what the weather will be when i arrive as i know it is unpredictable that time of year and often the boats won't sail. Also what spots should i not miss around Favignana for getting some sun and also if someone has a tip on renting a boat for a day to maybe a secluded cove.

Ex Stabilimento Florio delle Tonnare di Favignana e Formica
Specialty Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Sites
Grotte bue marino
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Lido Burrone
Beach & Pool Clubs, Beaches
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Boat to Favignana from Trapani in late October

Nobody ever buys advance tickets for the car ferry from Trapani to Favignana, let alone in late October, when there are likely to be fewer than 50 passengers (out of a maximum capacity of 800)!

Just buy the ticket shortly before you board the ferry in Trapani. Check the website carefully, since Siremar is in bankruptcy and schedules could change with little warning.

www.siremar.it

Your ship:

faktaomfartyg.se/simone_martini_1985_b_1.htm

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,206 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Boat to Favignana from Trapani in late October

Welcome to Sicily mooresy2!

The last two out of three Octobers were not very nice – Never purchase your ticket in advance.

Favignana will be quiet by the end of October – You won’t find crowds anywhere and fishermen in port will be looking for you!

http://www.favignanaweb.it/en/default.asp

Trip report - one week in Trapani

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g494955-i9813-k388…

Vagabonda

3. Re: Ferry Boat to Favignana from Trapani in late October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:54 am, March 14, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Isola di Favignana