We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akaroa or Christchurch or ...?

Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Level Contributor
207 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Akaroa or Christchurch or ...?

The final night of my trip is scheduled to be in Akaroa. As I consider the various places to stay there I am now questioning whether I should go there or again change my schedule.

We will be driving from Aoraki/Mt Cook Village which I understand is about 5.5 hours so will arrive late in the day. The following day we have a 2:30pm plane out of Christchurch. I was looking forward to strolling through the village and having a memorable final dinner. Is Akaroa "worth" the additional drive or should we stay our final night somewhere closer to the airport? Will we be competing with cruise ship passengers (Queen Mary 2) for space on the sidewalk and a table for dinner?

Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Level Contributor
207 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Akaroa or Christchurch or ...?

Thanks all for the excellent feedback. I will remain with my original plans and stay in Ankora.

12. Re: Akaroa or Christchurch or ...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, May 14, 2015