We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wednesday market

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
209 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Wednesday market

Does anyone know if the Wednesday market at Rosa's will be open this week or has it not started back up yet?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wednesday market

It hasn't started up yet. It will be opening for the season on October 23.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
209 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wednesday market

Thanks Nayarit, too bad I will miss it :(

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
776 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wednesday market

what kind of market?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wednesday market

It's a market where people sell things that they have either grown or made. Lots of food vendors selling breads, pickles, pre-made meals, etc. And then there are the craft vendors selling jewelry, art work, hand made soaps, etc.

It is not a farmer's market so don't expect lots of produce, for instance.

The market director says she has made an effort to have lots of variety in the vvendors.

It's lots of fun to look and shop!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wednesday market

Try the smoked Marlin Yummy!!!!

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
767 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wednesday market

I love the peppered chocolate! I would have said hot chocolate, but it's not a drink. It's chocolate with a hot bite to it! Rita

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wednesday market

Is someone able to tell me where this market is located? I am coming to the RDC for one week on the 2nd and would love to check this out! It will be my first time in Mexico, let alone PV/Bucerias area, so if you could give me some good directions or specific landmarks, it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Michaela

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wednesday market

From the RDC, you would take the main road into town. It is called L. Cardeñas. (from the guard shack at the RDC walk north which is parallel to the ocean). Rosa Mexican is on L. Cardeñas about 3 1/2 block north on the right hand side of the street. They are located between the streets J. Mina and Abasolo. If you pass the Costa Dorada condo complex on your left hand side, you have gone too far and will need to turn around.

Have a great trip!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wednesday market

I thought that I read about another market that is open each day with more touristy trinket type of things? Which would you recommend.. Or should I just check out both?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wednesday market

watmi. I would check out both. The market at Rosa Mexicana is only on Wednesday so why not do both at the same time? To get to the market in town square, once you exit Rosa Mexicana, walk north again. You will walk for about 5 blocks (or so?), there will be a foot bridge to cross the dried up river bed. Cross the bridge and you will be at the start of the market. (the name of the street changes from L. Cardeñas to Ave. Mexico once you cross the footbridge). The market in town square is a full square of a block. Make sure you check out all of the stalls. Alot will have the same things but others, will have different items.

Have a great trip!

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias