We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants

We are arriving in July for a month and were wondering which ones will be closed,and in particular want to visit bars and restaurants that are owned by Canadians.

calgary
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

yo yo mos and drunken duck are owned by a guy from manitoba. awesome pizza.talked to him for a little while last year very nice fella.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Actually, one of the owners of YoYo Mo's and the Drunken Duck is from Calgary. The other owner is a Mexican/American. Yes, they are great places to go to. The owner of Breaker's Beach bar is from Winnipeg though. The pizza at YoYo Mo's is terrific and the Duck nacho's at the Drunken duck are wonderful.

Have a great trip!

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
766 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

My favorite breakfast place (good bakery and lunch too) is Sweet Thing. I believe it is owned by Canadians. All breakfast items I've had are delicious and they have an awesome Rueben sandwich for lunch. They may not have the Rueben on the menu, but you can ask and they may make it for you. I'm pretty sure they will be open in July. Rita

calgary
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

kinda strange then he told me he was origanly from manitoba.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Sweet thing is open except for Tuesday and Wednesday. Yes, terrific breakfasts. My #1 favorite breakfast place to go to here. The owners are from Manitoba. Somewhere close to Winnipeg.

dtgCalgary...not sure who you were talking to at YoYo Mo's but the Canadian owner is from Calgary. Maybe it was someone else who was posing as the owner?? Ya never know...

Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Thanks for the responses and we are anxious to give all these places a try.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

i love the pizza at yo yo mos

i was there with a few friends from Calgary the other day

Not to mention, i got to watch a few folks duke it out on the oing pong table

the place is very clean, fun and full of a lot of locals that live there year round

while there are a few Canadians that own places, please, try not to limit yourself really. mexico has a lot to offer as far as bars and restaurants go !! you would be doing your self a diservice by not hitting up a few

enjoy your time spent on your vcation, come back and let us all know of your experiences

Bruce

8. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias