We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PEI
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Just arrived back home this morning from 24 glorious days in our favorite spot, Bucerias.

We did a fair amount of dining out on this trip...I will now try to remember the highlightlights:

Karen's Place, for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (BLD)

Sweet Thing, on L. Cardenas, 1 block north of Costa Dorada - B

Los Pericos Restaurant, 1 block north of the Shamrock and 1block closer to the water - B

IXTA, on L. Cardenas, between RDC and Costa Dorada- B

The Rim on Mexico ave in Bucerias Centro -L

Tacos Junior, on the southbound lateral, next to hwy 200, excellent "gringos", - L, D

Toscana Mia, 1 block up from the Drunken Duck, almost to the lateral, excellent pasta - D

Linda's Tacos on L. Cardenas - L, D

Sandrina's on L. Cardenas - D

Mar y Sol on the beach in Bucerias Centro - D

Le Bistro on Galeana, one block up from L. Cardenas, slightly north of Costa Dorada...excellent convenience store across the street (Mar y Paz) with fresh squeezed OJ !

California Pizza, across the hwy 200, on Estaciones, across from Coligeo Bucerias;.they deliver; ask for Francesco, he speaks great English. They were our best find this trip. Try their Pad Thai, Oriental salad and Especial pizza. All excellent.

Still lots to see and do in the Bay area; we're going to miss it.

Gordon

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
764 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Thanks for the restaurant report. As you know, I just got home too and am already looking at my calendar for the next best time to go back to the beautiful Bay. I so enjoyed meeting you and Carol. Glad you made it home safely. Now it's time to go back to the daily grind. Arhhhhhhgggggg! Rita

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

You guys were busy. You missed our favorite which is El Brujo, but love the ones on your list.

PEI
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Thanks for the reminder, Alberta...Mr. and Mrs Hotrum invited us to the 2 for 1 ribs at El Brujo on Galeana, next to Mar y Paz, and the ribs were yummy. The company was excellente too! I neglected to mention that location, along with a few more that we "inspected" in Puerto Vallarta and Bucerias.

I hope that the Telegramsams add this to their list. They will do a re-inspection starting in about 10 days!

Soooo many great spots...so little time.

Gordon

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,756 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Gordon, Thanks for your restaurant report and I'm glad you had a great time going to some of my favorite restaurants in Bucerias. I sure wish I could have joined you and Carol at Philo's in La Cruz.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Glad you are home safe So the the were good or great? Glad you had a great time!! Not till Nov for us.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Does anyone here know how the menu at the El Brujo on the south side (I believe it's located where Eva's Brick House used to be?) compare with the El Brujo on the beach (beside Dugarel's)?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

I have only eaten at the beach location, but I know people who have eaten at both, and say the menu is the same.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Thanks! We prefer sitting oceanside, so it might be a while before we try the south side El Brujo...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Thanks very much Gord for this info we will be sure check out your list and Alberta's recommendation. Lots of good stuff here....May 4 here we come! Glad to see you and Carol got back safe and sound : )

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Best of Bucerias, April 2013

Sorry Gorden I meant Ribs

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias