We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Vacation 2014

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Vacation 2014

Yipeeeeee--down to 346 Sleeps til we hit the beach and even better-reunite with dear friends - can't wait :)

A bit early to organize a M & G me thinks :0

alberta
Level Contributor
437 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

Got back from Spain/Morocco last night greeted with half inch of fresh white stuff, 335 days til we are back to Bucerias...simply cannot beat the heat and sunshine of Mexico. (which did not exist in this years destinations.)

Edited: 11:40 am, April 05, 2013
Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
803 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

Hey Decklover, we finally got to meet Nayarit08, she does exist! Just took eight years. Missing you Elenamex.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

Eight Years-that Babe is larger than Life-how'd that happen.

There are several 'new' establishments/restaurants/bars that we will visit on this upcoming trip-but the Regular Stomping grounds (YoYo's and Drunken Duck) can't be beat.

Only Bucerias can make one feel like they are coming home when you vacation there-that and the people who welcome you with open arms :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

So...please let us know why you choose Bucerias over Punta Cana. I recall your posts on the PC forum. I have been to both places. Just curious.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

judy - that is a very easy question to answer----we had been to PC 3 times before ever heading to Bucerias. We loved our vacations in PC-however the 1st turn off was the 8 1/2 hr flight home-due to head winds that exist all the time. Then-by chance we were invited by friends to vacation at the Royal Decameron in Bucerias for 2 weeks-that was our 1st trip to this amazing area.

This trip introduced us to the fabulous - comfortable - easy to get around - cheap taxis - great inexpensive bars/restaurants etc. that gives this area it positive reputation.

Because you have been to PC and can relate to the fact that it is not really set up as on off resort destination-unless you are going on a guided tour-which are very expensive-even the great ones like PC Mikes - way way more money than anything offered in Bucerias- I will state that this area allowed us to walk around the area - shop at the local stores-venture wherever we wanted-and meet the locals and Expats that live in this quaint area with complete ease.

We have stayed here in a condo for the past 2 visits and would never go to a 'resort' again - it is designed to make condo vacationing the best experience ever - in fact this coming March we are fortunate enough to be heading there for 3 weeks. In PC there are a few limited bars - Steve's for example - that the repeat visitors go to - but they pay for one beer what we might pay for 4 - no kidding.

It is a very lay back-guest friendly area that actually seems to cater to us-cabs are so cheap-unlike PC and shopping is much like home. We feel so At Home here judy - what more can i say. And believe me - i loved PC - but this is just so much more relaxing-especially if you want to experience the 'real' Bucerias.

And I ramble - but I feel passionate about this little piece of paradise.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

Yes, I can tell you love it, we do too, almost bought a condo, sadly TSX went south and had to change our plans. One last trip to PC this year, as health concerns are an issue. We will try for Bucerias next time, it does have a certain magic. So nice you have that passion in your life. Enjoy and Ty for your kind response.

Jude

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

You are welcome judy - we are very fortunate in that we just recently purchased a 'Snowbird' home in Arizona - and will do our very best to slip in trips from AZ to Bucerias for as long as we can ;)

This 3 week trip in March is our Retirement gift to each other-could not imagine a better gift ever.

Enjoy your trip to PC - another slice of Paradise for sure.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

Decklover......We will be in Bucerias last week of Feb. and first 3 weeks of March 2014....back at our beloved complex that we always rent at!!! I am sure we will be able to hook up for a few cervezas with you guys...it will be nice to see you again :)

Edited: 10:55 pm, April 09, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

Perfect TrainChick-we will have one week to make this happen-not a problem at all.

See you then.

Leigh

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Winter Vacation 2014

Would love to meet up with some of you as we love Bucerias as much as all of you. We will be down from March 1st to 17th.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias