We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family restaurants ...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family restaurants ...

Hello my TA experts, my nephew and his wife and 2 children, 5 & 2 years, are renting a condo in beautiful Bucerias for 2 weeks and I wanted to recommend a few places to eat out and so am asking your expert advice on any particular restaurants that cater more to family with small children than others. Muchas gracias in advance !

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family restaurants ...

Most of the restaurants in Bucerias are very family friendly. If you go to any of the bar/restaurants, I just wouldn't actually sit up at the bar itself. Other than that, kids are welcome anywhere.

Have a great trip!

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
136 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family restaurants ...

Nayarit08 is correct. However, if you want specifics, I would recommend Famar Restaurant, on the south-ish side of town, on the east side of the highway. It's on the corner of the highway and Estaciones. Last time I was there, they had a trampoline for the kids! They have some beautiful birds for children to talk with and look at in the front entrance. And they are a family-run business, often with their little kiddos quietly helping out or playing. Their portions are big, so be prepared to share or take some home.

I would also recommend any of the beach-side restaurants during the day, so the kids can play in the sand while you "conversate". Good ones are Breakers Bar and Audatos. At Breakers, Thursdays, from about 4 p.m., is perogy night! Audato's is a little more up-market ... better for a romantic evening meal. Remember, though, that the sellers of wares are relentless in these places, but are easily rebuked by a simple "No gracias". One I would avoid is Adriano's, however. That's the big orange one nearest to the plaza. They have a tendency to ADD the tip to the bill, which annoys me to no end, and the food's no hell either.

On the main drag in Zona Dorada, a great breakfast and lunch place is Sweet Thing. It's on Lazaro Cardenas, between Galeana and Benito Juarez. A nice place to spend time around sunset is The Red Apple, near the corner of Morelos and Lazaro Cardenas. It's on the top of a building, from which you can see the whole bay! And the food is fresh and good.

Edited: 3:44 pm, January 31, 2013
Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
295 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family restaurants ...

Don't forget Yo Yo's for awesome Pizza and sports TV

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,876 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family restaurants ...

I've found that most restaurants in the area family-friendly. If the children are really picky eaters, most of them will not have a problem fixing up some "kid food" for you. Just speak to the manager or owner.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family restaurants ...

At Breaker's you can actually get perogies on any night of the week as long as they have them in stock. They are terrific!

I'm a big fan of YoYo Mo's for their Pizza and wings. I love Taco's Junior for El Pastor tacos. Sweet Thing is great for breakfast (many kids go there on a regular basis). Mar y Sol is another great beachside restaurant. There are so many choices for restaurants here that I"m sure you will have no problems finding ones that the kids will enjoy

Have a great trip!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family restaurants ...

Just walk around.most places have menus outside.You will love it.

oshawa
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Family restaurants ...

All of the above. Enjoy

calgary
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Family restaurants ...

my daughter loved the pizza at yo yo mos and loves the shrimp stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon at fatboys.all places will cater to the young ones.try la laguna in nuevo vallarta your kids will love watching the turtles swimming in the lagoon while you have a gr8 dinner. i always get the seafood grilled platter for two it is awesome.they also have a house band that wanders through the place and entertains you.always take the wife there for her bday and tell the waiter and band it is her bday and they have always done something special for her and then i tip the band and also give the waiter double what i usally tip for all they did.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family restaurants ...

I agreed on the Famar. We ate there a couple of times while in Bucerias. Great service, reasonable prices and good portions.

st. louis, mo
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Family restaurants ...

Another good family (family ran) place is El Rinconcito

D Poncho. It is on Av. Mexico, the street in front of the church and central square and is about 3 doors from the north end of the block on the beach side of the street. Poncho's saying is he works for his customers (he formerly worked at the Red Apple, his brothers place). Food is very good with great service. Just tell him his friends from Missouri sent you.