We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hudson's Hope, BC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

We went to the RDC last March for the first time. They put us in Block 4, main floor, right by the Vallarta Adventures Desk. We found it too noisy during the day, and didn't want the main floor and we also found the room to be quite small. It did have a gorgeous view though. We asked the next day to be moved. We switched to Room 6320, which was spacious and the view was beautiful of the pool and grounds. We are returning this March again, and are wondering about the difference in the rooms for Block 5 and 6. People have said all the rooms are the same, but they can't be, because we had a much larger room in 6320, than in Block 4. 6320 had the adjoining door, so we are wondering if the rooms with adjoining doors are more spacious, and the rest of the rooms are the same. We are also wondering if Block 5 is quieter than Block 6? Thanks for any tips on this before we go! Does it really help to email one week in advance to see if they will put your request for the Block or floor you want?

duncan, bc
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

Emailing a week before didn't help us. In fact, when we got there, we were put in the ONLY room in the whole resort without a belcony.. Stay away from block 2, 4th floor, room 18. They did put us a nicer room next day though.

Hudson's Hope, BC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

Thank you for replying. We were put in Block 4, first floor, right by the Vallarta Adventures desk, which was not private AT ALL, the room was small, but nice view, but noisy during the day and early evening, very convenient though for coffee, booking excursions and checking out and shopping at the little store, but not what we wanted at all. We asked the next morning to be switched and we were pleased with our new suite 6320. It is just that it wastes time having to move and wait, when you would rather be at the beach or pool. Thanks again!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

I have never noticed a difference in the rooms myself. Even if you ask as I also requested the same room in block 4. Ended up spending one night in 3.

I did not find block4 noisy I did find block 2 noisy. Once you get over the other side to 5 and 6 you may run the risk of disco noise. Myself 4 is the most friendly block

Port Alberni B.C
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

We always ask for block 5 by the adult pool,disco noise doesn't bother us if we close the bathroom window at night,or you can ask for block 5 not backing onto the disco.One year we were in block 5 and our kids( 19 and 24) were in block 6,our room in block 5 was a little larger and had better storage.We have always emailed our room requests and they have always been granted.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
750 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

same here we have alway emailed the resort 14 days and then at 7 days and then again at 3 days before we leave and have always gotten the room we have asked for within 2 rooms if by chance that the rooms we have wanted for our group is not available and we always have members in our group that want different areas in the resort this is why we send our emails a few times we always get the same generic letter they will do their best to accomadate our wishes but when we arrive we are basically where we wanted to be enjoy your trip

PEI
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

We too have had great success with booking specific rooms in Block 5, our favorite. All of these rooms have had the Disco behind us, but that has never been an issue.

As Candycat said, we would email the reservations desk about a month before our arrival, then two weeks, and again 1 week before. With Block 5, some of the balconies can have partially obstructed views due to the close proximity of palm trees...so we actually had a list of 4 room numbers that we always knew were mostly clear. Over the past 6 stays, we have been fortunate to always get one of the four.

They always do their best to accomodate.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

I, too, have emailed ahead of time, requesting a room in Block 4 and have always been given the room I want. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my emails sent to them or not. Maybe, have just gotten lucky.

Regina, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

Just got home from RDC and we stayed in Building 6 third floor. Great views, pool at the back and partial ocean view and green space out the front. Very quiet, short walk to the beach and meals but very close to the pool and restaurants for supper and best of all the best pool bar!!! I emailed the hotel a week before we got there and they accomodated my exact request.

9. Re: Royal Decameron - Block Five and Block Six

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations