We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi from Elenamex!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,165 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Hi from Elenamex!

Hello to all; it's good to be back!

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and special thanks to Marly for her encouraging calls and visits. Her friendship is valued and appreciated. Also, thanks to good buddy RitaDallas for her phone calls, too.

My wonderful caregiver, Maria, is here with me 7 days a week. She is so sweet to put up with my fractured Spanish and has learned to make some "comfort foods" like grilled cheese sandwiches, French toast and spaghetti with home-made meat sauce. These were unfamiliar to her and the spaghetti was such a hit that she included it in her family's Chrstmas Eve celebration dinner.

My foot and most of my right leg are in a plaster cast, but the ankle is healing well and the cast should come off in a week or 2. I'm in a modiied wheelchair now, but will probably be using crutches later.

Best wishes for a happy and safe New Year!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hi from Elenamex!

Happy New Year.... Mend well Elenamex.

PEI
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Hi from Elenamex!

Hey Elena! Get mended soon...we are coming to see you in April. All the best for 2013. Tried to call you on Christmas Day, but couldn't get through..kept getting a recorded message in German or Russian :-), which I could not understand! Guess my Spanish needs a lot of work.

Take care of yourself, and don't try to do too much too soon.

Cheers,

Gordon

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,454 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hi from Elenamex!

Hey Gordon --- that number I gave you is her number and she is really good about picking up, since she is not ambulatory (being in a 2nd floor condo, with a cast on her right leg) as yet and the phone is with her 24/7. When I call, she always answers. Maybe something weird from PEI?

When I talked to her recently, she said she had written something online (right after she got wireless installed) and her computer crashed and took the message away. I was glad to see this one posted later. I wonder if maybe the newly-established service is having problems?

The wonderful thing about visiting Elenamex this past month has been to see the extraordinary relationship that she has built with Maria, who has the biggest smile and brightest eyes I've seen in a long time. Truly a delight. They look like two peas in a pod, becoming good buddies, while smiling and laughing a lot, and learning so much from each other.

Cool.

I'll call her now and see if there are problems with the wireless in her place.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,454 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hi from Elenamex!

PS: She's fine. Just trying to catch up on one-month of e-mails and various TA forms.

As you all know, who know Elenamex in person, she has a great sense of humor and I told her I wished I'd have gotten a picture (YOU TUBE!! haha) of her scooting down the stairs on 12/21, on her be-hind, with the other three of us helping.

She'll have tales to tell when she's fully healed but there is no dancing or leaving the 2nd floor for awhile. I'm looking forward to the full report from her, when she can get down the stairs alone.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hi from Elenamex!

Well-so great to hear that you are on the mend my friend.

Take it easy-don't push yourself too hard-time is the healer :)

We will have a toast to you this evening-wishing you great joy and 'good health' for 2013.

Leigh & Gordon-PS we will see you in 2014

16. Re: Hi from Elenamex!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias