We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fridges at RDC

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
bc
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fridges at RDC

Just spoke with someone that just got back from RDC. They said RDC were installing fridges in some rooms.

Any one else know of this?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
341 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fridges at RDC

that kind of suprizes me only because drinks are so accessable all over the resort and I know they prefer no food in the rooms, to cut down on bugs. We were there in Feb 2012, and no fridges then.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fridges at RDC

A family member stayed there this past Feb. so I'm checking with her. But really....no fridges?? I hope not...should have access to cold water/pop in your room in my opinion. Haven't stayed there but sure looks like a large place to be wandering around to get a drink....

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fridges at RDC

Confirmed...no fridges. Least not in the room my sister in law stayed in. Thanks for bringing this up hdogbc....my family has been pushing us to stay at this resort but compared to our last stay in the area I'm not sure the cheap price is worth the downgrade in what I thought was a basic ammenity.

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fridges at RDC

This place is very basic but it has beautiful grounds and beautiful staff.

Is a fridge really that important? We've been twice already and planning a 3rd trip this new year. Oh, there is also no kleenex, no clocks, they do give you a bar of soap, no shampoo.

duncan, bc
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fridges at RDC

I like cold, bottled beer. With no fridge, I was stuck, so I made due. I got a coat hanger and hooked it onto the top af the air conditioner, then I put bottles in socks and hung them from the coat hanger. Didn't take long to get them icy cold.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
971 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fridges at RDC

we went to the store...bought a cheap styrofoam cooler...was like 3 dollars..

and then got ice for us..from the bartenders..anytime

picked up some cerveza from store..put in said ice... boom..cold drinks...

minor stuff... and we loved it there....also knew what we were getting before we went... so was not disapointed... much easier to be prepared and know what they supply.. (called the TA forum)... worked for us...

Prince George...
Level Contributor
758 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fridges at RDC

Totally agree you can purchase a cooler and put ice in from any of the bars, or you can do the sock thing (lol) my dh even placed them on top of the airconditioner before we got our cooler, now we just pack one of those small fold up freezer bags from costco to keep our beers and water cold :)

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fridges at RDC

Seems like this must be a resort favored by those in BC! Nothing wrong with that, lived in PG myself :)

Good idea about a fold up cooler, not so sure I'd want to waste time shopping around for a cooler when there but its an option!

So are they are they at least good about handing out bottled water or do they have a limit per day or something silly like that? Any canned pop on this resort or would I have to buy that too?

Prince George...
Level Contributor
758 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fridges at RDC

they leave one large 1 liter bottle we always got two from housekeeping without a problem daily, we have always just walked up the hill to the little store there and purchased extra pop and beer for our room, we have to go up there to the bank anyways so no biggy, no can pop unless you purchase from gift store on site(expensive)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fridges at RDC

Rdc is popular with all Canadians not just BC. Stayed there a few times before we bought our condo and loved it. Basic amenities, but if you want all the luxuries, you have to pay luxurious prices. I find you don't spend much time in your room at an AI resort anyway. You can find the cooler at the oxxo up the road too, no need to spend lots of time shopping around. Give it a try you will love it. The location is the best, being on the edge of Bucerias, so easy to walk to town.

Mentioned in this post
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias