We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silnox for Insomnia

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Silnox for Insomnia

Couple of years ago I bought Stilnox at a pharmacy in Bucerias without a prescription. I think you need one now. Anyone suggest a pharmacy that perhaps has a doctor who can write the prescription? Or a doctor I can see who would speak English and write the prescription? Do the doctors you see on the street that charge 25 pesos write prescriptions?? Thanks.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silnox for Insomnia

You can go see Dr. Mauro Malja for prescriptions here. He is located on Hidalgo and Ave. Mexico. Just around the corner from YoYo MO's pizza and sports bar. He speaks fluent english. He does charge 250 peso per visit. I don't know of any pharmacies here that will give you medication without a prescription anymore.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silnox for Insomnia

Lots of medications are available without prescriptions. Antibiotics are not.

And yes, there are still pharmacies with a doctor there who you can consult with for 25 or 30 pesos.

Dr. Mauro is great, and as you can see, quite reasonably priced.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,876 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silnox for Insomnia

There is a "generic" pharmacy on the highway in Bucerias, near the first stoplight north of the town plaza. It's called Similares and in recent months, I've bought several meds there, over the counter and without a prescription, that I would need a prescription to get in the U.S. They also have a doctor there, next to the pharmacy, but I don't think he speaks English. In any event, it may pay to go there first before seeing Dr. Mauro.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silnox for Insomnia

Are prescriptions noticeably cheaper in Mexico?

toronto
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silnox for Insomnia

Some are..for example, Advair is 1/3 cost in Mexico as Canada. Stilnox or Ambien is not available in Canada.

6. Re: Silnox for Insomnia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 14, 2013