We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Dorada rooms

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bend, OR
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Dorada rooms

I am familiar with the Costa Dorada but have never stayed there. We are considering it for our next vacation. I am interested to know what rooms people have actually stayed in and what they are like. #709 still has availability for our dates. It will only be my husband and myself. I was looking at photos of some of the rooms and some of them seem very narrow and small. We usually rent a house with some friends and have never rented a condo. I'm afraid of renting something and having it feel really closed in and small.

I'm open to other suggestions as well. We don't want to spend more than $125 a night and would like something with a kitchenette.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

What time of year are you looking at, that would help to help you.

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

We don't have exact dates yet but it will be sometime between January 15 through February 6. We are thinking of staying in Guayabitos for a few days and maybe another town and then end our stay with 2 weeks in Bucerias. I know we are kind of late getting started with our planning especially for January.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

you should also check out suites nada in bucerias

BC
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

If you consider suites nadia I would suggest you get an end room. The middle rooms are very small, the outside ones are not that big either but do not feel closed in. They all have a small kitchen. The roof top pool and hottub are great with an awesome view. Across the street from the ocean. All rooms have belconies with ocean view. We stayed there last year and will be again in Feb......we dont need anything big because we are out and about most of the day.......

Bucerias
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

I agree with a few postings here, HSN has good views and a nice rooftop pool that is steps away from many restaurants. Bungalows Princess is nice and Hotel Palmeras is a few blocks from the ocean. If you are looking for more of a rental with a full kitchen, I would check out bestofbucerias.com/subcategory_best_accommod…

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

I looked at the website for Suites Nadia. It looks very nice, modern, and clean. I think I noticed this place when we were in Bucerias in January. Is it pretty close to the town square/beach restaurants? We will be in there during the annual festival that takes place each evening for about a week. It goes long into the night and I'm worried that we would be kept awake by the noise. Any opinions?

I also did not see rates on the website. Are the corner rooms more expensive?

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

Bucerias Troy, I'm not sure we really want to stay in a hotel. Even staying at a condo is a bit of a stretch as we have also rented houses in the area. Thank you for the link to best of bucerias. I have been on the site several times and have actually rented one of the places listed in the past. Its nice to have someone's opinion if they have stayed at certain properties. One time the description/photos on vrbo was not anything like it in person. It was very disappointing.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,063 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

I have not stayed at the Costa Dorada, but I recently visited friends who rented a place there. They had a 1 bedroom unit and to me, the rooms were very large. Maybe the photos you saw just didn't do the place justice.

I think it would be great to be at a property where Karen's Place restaurant was located and to be right next to the beach and very close to other great restaurants and many interesting shops that are within a few blocks of your accommodations.

BC
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

The rates for the outside rooms are a bit more but still under $100. US I think around 89 per night,,,,but pay in pesos. We pay one night in advance and then pay the rest in pecos when we get there....which ends up being much less. At least for us converting from Canadian funds. If you e-mail them they will give you the exact rates.....but all under $100. per night.

Cheers,

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa Dorada rooms

Elena, do you remember the room number? I also think it would be a nice property to stay. We love Karen's restaurant and its close to town.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias