We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lobster

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orcas Island, WA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
lobster

Hi,

My wife and 2 boys and I will be in Bucerias in February and would like to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday while we're there (she won't let me throw a party for her here). Is there a good restauarant that serves lobster close by or should we venture into the big city? Wouldn't mind suggestions in PV because we'll have a car, but I have a feeling we'd rather dine locally. Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lobster

Frankly, being from the northeast we find the lobster on the west coast (warm water lobster) to be not so great. We are used to fresh Maine lobster which is much sweeter and meater. Lobster is not a particularly big item in the PV area, and those places that do have it have the spiny lobster. Frankly, we spend several months in Bucerias and for a special celebration we always go to Marks - great food (lots of great choices), beautiful ambiance and possibly the best restaurant in town, along with Mezzagiorno (which has the benefit of being a lovely setting right on the beach).

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,442 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lobster

'TeatroLimon' (in Puerto Vallarta) is the only restaurant I know of that serves 'cold-water' (North Atlantic) lobster (and that's only when Bruce, the Chef/Owner can get them).

But regardless of whether there's lobster on the menu or not, it would be a fine place to celebrate your wife's birthday, and an experience you would likely not soon forget.

The website shows location and links to pictures, bulletin board, menu's, etc. And an e-mail to Bruce before your trip, could have everything set-up and designed for you when you come.

www.teatrolimon.com/

And a recent review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k23142…

3. Re: lobster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias