We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Resort How do ya really feel???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Alberta
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Resort How do ya really feel???

I would like to ask those who just returned to start the comments... I havent been home long enough to have everything together yet im sure this will be a start.. I will say nice hospitality and the service supplied from the waiters to the maids watch very nice...as well as the front desk....

One thing that stood out... Travel advisors should advertise in respected areas .seeing the TA stickers would make one thing the company selling tours was legit... hmmm ok maybe the tour company stole the sticker from someone..

I hope we can get the proper ratings with the appropriate posts and info from all those who were venting there... positive and negative... no place is perfect...

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Royal Decameron Resort How do ya really feel???

"Over the years I have become so accustomed to PV, I know where I'm going, I pretty well know what to expect. My desire to be there more frequently outweighs my need for "like home or upscale" accomodations."

Sunshine....we feel the same way...whether in PV or wherever we'd rather have more frequent vacaions...and actually we now enjoy the less "opulent" hotels/resorts....to us they're more casual, more fun, more real.

Your comments are much appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Royal Decameron Resort How do ya really feel???

One of the things that I hear over and over about the Mexican people is there sense of family. They are happy people who work hard for next to nothing, why is that?

Being witness to this over the years has made me take a long hard look on a personal basis and prioritize what is important in life. As a 50 year old self confessed workaholic I finally get it. You can't buy what they have. BUT you can make it happen within your own family unit if you really want it.

2008 is my year for change I recently gave up my senior management position that I have held for 20 years. This was no sacrifice what I was doing before was the real sacficice. I am now reconnecting with my husband, children, brothers and extended family what an interesting group of people.

I am enjoying the pool in my yard that I haven't been in for 5 years then laying on the garden swing for a nap. I have a little Mexico right here. I am seeing things differently and man do I love it. It definately is a culture shock, sort of a pre emp to what retirement could or may be.

God knows what the future will be but hey I didn't know that before. All I have to figure out now is what do I want to be when I grow up and how can I get to PV for extended periods of time!! Might have to go to lots of timeshare presentations to fund it... LOL

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Royal Decameron Resort How do ya really feel???

I think RDC is an unbelievable value. It is really like 6 resorts that share common facilities. Specifically, here is what I like about it.

1. The adults only pool. It is quiet and serene. And since there are 4 other pools, the kids have plenty of places to swim.

2. The grounds. They are beautiful and well maintained.

3. The people who work there. Very nice and friendly.

4. The food. It isn't gourmet, but it is good. Lunch tends to better than a lot of more expensive resorts put out. Love the ice cream at lunch and the juice in the morning is especially good. The ala cartes are good for dinner.

5. The price. You almost can't stay at home as inexpensively as you can stay at the RDC in the low season.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Royal Decameron Resort How do ya really feel???

RDC has a six star staff and six star grounds.

Have never stayed at a five star

However during a Sky Service fiasco we ended up at Las Hadas in Manzanillo for many hours.

We instantly noticed the staff was very indifferent to us.

We were in observation mode and noticed the guests did not converse with the staff. Must be in the 5 star tourista code of conduct guide

We are very thankful we are 3 to 4 star touristas and have made countless enjoyable friendships with staff over the years.

missouri
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Royal Decameron Resort How do ya really feel???

We loved it!! We were there with 19 of us ranging in ages 6-60! All of us had a blast!! The beach, the resort, the friendliness of the Mexican people, Bucerias, it was amazing!! The resort was everything we needed....we aren't high maintenance people, so we didn't care if we had to walk up to the bar to get our own drinks. We brought our insulated cups anyway, so there were fewer trips!! We also took atv rides thru Trek Adventures and had the times of our lives! Getting off the resort and meeting the Mexican people and seeing how they live sure makes you realize how great life is where you live. Yet they have so little, and are so content...hmm...maybe we needed that lesson!! :)

16. Re: Royal Decameron Resort How do ya really feel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias