We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with E-Docs

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with E-Docs

Last year when we went to the RDC we had "paper tickets" for the airline, transfers and the hotel". This year my travel company, Apple is telling us that all we need is this e-doc. Can I get some feedback on how you think the hotel and the transfers people are dealing with e-docs? I don't want to get down there and have them tell me I need "Vouchers" similar to the one I had last year. After a long flight and arriving on a hot day in July, I don't want anything to go wrong.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with E-Docs

Most travel outlets & airlines are using e-docs now. With the exception of last year, where we had to "pick up" tickets at the airport (was a royal pain in the arse), we have always used e-docs. It sounds like you booked a package to the RDC - Apple will simply e-mail the e-docs to you approximately 7 - 10 days prior to your departure. Print 2 copies of each document and when you check in for your flight, hand them a copy - same with the hotel - easy peasy. I actually print off 3 copies -two for myself and I leave a copy with a friend back home. Have a great vacation :)

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with E-Docs

Thanks for your quick response. So you had no problems with the e docs.....that makes me feel alot better. So no problems with the transfers?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with E-Docs

When we have used "E-Docs" in the past the transfer people just asked to see them to verify our names and reservation number. But no, we have had no problems.

Have a great time.

4. Re: Traveling with E-Docs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, September 29, 2009