We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please

Hi, booked a condo late in the game and staying close to mega at entrance of bucerias this January. Few questions. Is the nearest beach easy to walk to ? I imagine its about a mile or so..via flamingo golf...

How about walking to bucerias centro from mega.? don't mind taking local bus, but where in that area is the stop and until what time do they run each day?

Any scooter rental recomendation..

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
831 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please

Yes, you can walk to the beach, depending on your stamina. But if it were me, I would choose a bus or cab. Both are readily available. As to walking to Centro, I would definitely take a cab. I'll leave the bus schedules up to others who Know more about taking public transportation. I don't know about scooters, but if you do that, be very careful...there are some aggressive drivers in the area and it's a challenge driving a car, much less a scooter. Actually, the tourist drivers are scarier than the locals!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please

The bus stop is right in front of Mega on the lateral. You can't miss it. The bus runs frequently. I think they stop around 10pm.

It's a long distance to walk to the beach. Your best bet is taking the bus to centro Bucerias and walking to the beach from there.

Have a great trip!

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
423 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please

We rented a scooter in January 2016. If you take the bus from Mega and get off across from the Oxxo, you can walk down to the Decameron resort. I think the street is Las Palmas. The bus driver or someone on the bus can tell you where to get off the bus. It's near the Chedraui and Farmacia. Almost to the corner of Lazero Cardenas and Las Palmas there were a couple scooters parked with signs on them that said "rent me". It ended up the scooters were being rented by the place that sells tours/timeshares. They wanted us to do a time share tour for free use of the scooters. We weren't interested and they rented us a scooter for the day. If you do find the place, make sure they are quoting the price in pesos.

If you don't see the scooters there, I did see some scooters with a sign on them in front of a shop on L. Cardenas this January. Sometimes the scooters were there and sometimes not. I think they may be the same ones from the other place.

If you do get off the bus near the Decameron, you can easily access the beach from a side street. If you don't want to walk to centro from the beach, just follow Lazero Cardenas until you get to the bridge. Cross over, walk through the flea market and you are in town. There are lots of shops and places to eat along L. Cardenas.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
90 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please

not only the bus but flag down the white vans that run back and forth, they are called "collectivos" if you stand in an open spot along the road theyll spot you and flash their lights or beep you, just hand signal that you want on and they will stop, same price as the bus, but faster. cost 16 pesos per person to Bucerias. Get off at Centro lights, that's the closest to the beach only 2 blocks, carefully cross the hiway (watch a local do it). Head straight to beach where you will find about 10 beachside restaurnts and gorgeous beach. Do the same going back, stand on the nw corner at the centro lights, it is a bus stop(Parada) and you can catch bus or collectivo there. The taxi stand is also right there should you wish to take a taxi.

Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please

Thanks. I thought I could walk to the beach in front of the riu from the maga...I see a road going to the golf course just south of Mega..is it a private road ?

I understand about the bucerias centro beach and needing to bus for that one.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,606 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please

That walk is doable, the problem is, getting through to the beach as there are very few public accesses to the beach,and the resorts won’t let you walk through their property.

Reply to: Staying very near Mega (royal palm) -essential info please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias