We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lady Of Peace Festival (LOPF)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Nanaimo
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lady Of Peace Festival (LOPF)

When is the LOPF in January 2018? Are there better days/nights to attend? I.e. Blessings, parades, musica/street dancing?

Gracias.

4 replies to this topic
Bend, OR
Level Contributor
423 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lady Of Peace Festival (LOPF)

Look under Top Questions about Buceris....the festival is January 16-24. The last night they light off a big castilla with fireworks. It's also the busiest night and can get very crowded. Every night there is something going on in the square stage with music and dancing. i believe there is a parade during the day on the last day as well. We go to the fiesta almost every night.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,390 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lady Of Peace Festival (LOPF)

I always enjoy seeing the ceremony of the Blessing of the Boats, which is held on the last morning of the festival; it takes place on the beach in front of Our Lady of Peace church. Fishing boats coming from La Cruz land on the beach and are blessed by local priests so that the fishermen will be safe at sea (and will catch a lot of fish).

Nanaimo
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lady Of Peace Festival (LOPF)

Gracias for the reply's.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lady Of Peace Festival (LOPF)

24th is the best day. Starts with blessing of the boats around noon, ends with castilla fireworks and the battle of the bandas. Great day/night to catch it all.

Have a great trip!

Reply to: Lady Of Peace Festival (LOPF)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias