We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport

We took a taxi from airport to Bucerias on Saturday night. The cost was 450 pesos. At a rate of 14.5 that’s about $31 CDN. Costs me $60 at home for the same length of trip. Gas is 16 pesos a litre here, which is over $1/ litre, more than at home. So IMO it’s not worth it to me to lug my bags over the bridge.

53 replies to this topic
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,382 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport

I'm with you Alberta no slogging our luggage over the bridge.Grab something cold at the OXXO then flag down a cab.Gas here was $1.37 a litre this AM

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport

I walk across the bridge every time. It is a personal choice though. Of course, I'm not in a 'rush' for my holiday to begin as we live here. The cost across the bridge is about 1/3 less than at the airport. I don't have a problem going across the bridge to save peso. Like I said....it is a personal choice though.

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport

I also hike it over the bridge grab a couple tacos and beer and watch the traffic for a half hour or so, not in that big of hurry. Usually then grab a beer for the road to Bucerias. Guess for us its a principle thing, or cheapness thing, lol. Just hate giving up 120 pesos if I don't have to. To each their own though, see ya in December!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport

Thanks for the update on taxi fare Alberta-traveler.

I read on a couple of previous posts that the rate had gone up to 550pesos?? That seemed to be quite a hike from this past Feb when I was there.

I know there's cheaper taxi's on the other side of the bridge but by the time we get outside the doors at the airport with our luggage, the day has been long enough and then can't wait to just get to our accommodations.

A quick stop at OXXO for some tastie beverages and essentials...next stop our balcony, breathing in the ocean air and watching the waves :-)

Only 3 and a half months to go...sigh...lol

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport

Yes, it was me who posted the rate is 550peso. I returned from a week in Vegas at the end of August. At that time, that was the amount they were charging to get to Bucerias. I walked across the bridge and got a taxi for 300peso. For me, it has always been worthwhile to walk across the bridge but, everyone has their own preference for sure.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport

The problem with the federal taxis is Bucerias proper is not in a zone. Zone 3 ends at the Royal Decameron so anything north of there is a crapshoot. I live a couple blocks north of the RDC so just buy a ticket for Zone 3. Cuts down on the negotiations! Its 50 pesos to anywhere in Bucerias from the RDC taxi stand.

Estevan, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport

Where is the taxi stand over the bridge or do you just flag one down? Usually I just get a taxi outside the airport but I think I may try over the bridge next month!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport

Ermy. When you walk across the overpass footbridge, there will be taxis right there. It's really easy.

See you soon!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from airport

Many travel packages include the transportation from the airport to the hotels, if your a traveler that prefers to take a taxi, please notify your bus so the bus is not sitting waiting for you. Thanks enjoy your holidays everyone

lancaster ohio
Level Contributor
385 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from airport

Just back last night walked across the bridge paid 180 pesos for a taxi to the riu in neuvo. got a cold beer at base of bridge and took it with us it was all good

Reply to: Taxi from airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias