We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heard by a manager in the maldives that worked at Parrot cay

dgroz
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Heard by a manager in the maldives that worked at Parrot cay

it was run down? thoughts?? thinking of going in 2 weeks with 11 week old baby and husband.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heard by a manager in the maldives that worked at Parrot cay

Not run down in the slightest.

I have been to Maldives, I have been to Parrot Cay numerous times (last time Jan 2007)

While Maldives are my favorite destination in the world, Parrot Cay is one of my favorite resorts in the world.

It's an incredible place.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heard by a manager in the maldives that worked at Parrot cay

Good for you, coming to the Forum before accepting just one person's opinion.

A former employee might describe a resort as "run-down" because of backroom operations or maybe he / she felt that way after working there. You never really know.

We've yet to stay at Parrot Cay (my wife's been hammering me for years), but in all the years I've participated with T&C forums, I can't recall anyone describing it as "run-down."

Hope this helps.

Shropshire, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heard by a manager in the maldives that worked at Parrot cay

Been to both "Paradise Island", near Male and to Parrot Cay, I can only suggest that the person who said it was "run down" was a disgruntled ex-employee! Lots of "A" list guests visit there, and they keep coming back, should tell you all you need to know!

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Island
Paradise Island
New Providence Island
4. Re: Heard by a manager in the maldives that worked at Parrot cay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Parrot Cay