We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to North next week!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to North next week!

I felt compelled to post as I have been reading all the posts here in the T&C forum over the last few months as I plan our trip. Everyone has been so helpful and so far I haven't felt the need to post any questions as they seem to have all been answered at one point or another! So thank you to the frequent posters.

We are renting the Villa Cecilia for one week -- 6 adults and two kids under 4. We fly in Friday and will stay one night in Provo (at Grace Bay Suites) since we could not get a direct flight on the Saturday. Then we head over to North. Plan to eat at either Bay Bistro or Coco Bistro on Friday night (yes I know I need reservations) and hit Da Conch Shack on Saturday before heading to ferry. We've rented a vehicle with the folks at Silver Palms since they had one that would actually fit all of us (and our luggage -- here's hoping!). We are having the Villa stocked with groceries before arriving so no need to worry about that!

I hope to post a full trip report when we're back. Very much looking forward to our trip. I think we will mostly hang out at the Villa, although are planning a day trip to Middle Caicos.

I think I've thought of everything... :)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to North next week!

Enjoy your stay on North! We spent a week there last November and LOVED it! It's wonderful to walk the beach,collect seashells and see maybe 3 people!

That was paradise for us!

Wait until you see Mudjin Harbor.......stunning!

Enjoy!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to North next week!

You'll love it there. Both North and Middle are two of the last remaining tropical islands not to be overly commercialized or invaded by mass tourism. The people are so fiendly.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to North next week!

Have a great trip! Villa Cecilia is a nice looking place in a great spot.

The only piece of advice I can think of is to make sure you have enough cash. Only a few places take credit cards (none of the grocery stores) and there is no ATM over there.

Looking forward to your report!

PS: I think the people are friendly, not fiendly... ; )

Edited: 2:07 pm, January 29, 2012
Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to North next week!

Thanks for the info so far...look forward to your post on North!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to North next week!

For some reason, the type-o "Gremlin" has been "fiendly" to me lately. Could be caused by our kids screaming and fighting in the house all weekend. ;-)

Edited: 4:31 pm, January 29, 2012
Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to North next week!

I can't wait to hear about your trip. We are staying at Villa Cecilia at the end of Feb with our kids, so I'm curious as to how it is. Also I'd love to hear about having the villa stocked goes. We plan on doing the same thing, but I'm a bit nervous about making sure I remember everything. Enjoy your vacation!!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to North next week!

No need to worry if you don't remember everything. The grocery stores on North have the vast majority of the basics all the time and you can get it yourself.

8. Re: Heading to North next week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, May 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about North Caicos
Recent Conversations