We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rutland water noise pollution

uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
rutland water noise pollution

Much as a we like going, the last few times have been spoilt but people thinking its ok to park up and open the windows of their cars and blast out loud music for hours. Where are the wardens, why don't they clamp down on it? . There are even people who bring PA systems on poles to blast it out. It spoils the day for everyone apart from the small group who seems unable to live without it.

4 replies to this topic
Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rutland water noise pollution

That’s shocking. May I suggest you write to the chairman of the county council to ask what action will be taken to eliminate this pollution?

…moderngov.co.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx…

Greater London...
Level Contributor
783 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rutland water noise pollution

That is the modern day moron for you - probably not listening anyway as they are peering at their mobile screens looking for the next prompt to do something (in the absence of any discernable brain function)

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rutland water noise pollution

I assume this is on land owned by Anglia Water, so presumably you should take it up with them. Their main interest is maximising parking revenue, so any suggestion that noise nuisance may stop you paying the hefty parking fee may have some weight.

uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rutland water noise pollution

We tried again today and for the time in the last three, we had a lovely day down by the lake, no wideboys playing music out of golfs, just a really nice day. I also saw for the first time a warden van driving around , actually keeping an eye on things. So lets hope this is a sign things are getting better.

Reply to: rutland water noise pollution
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rutland
;