We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

Liverpool , England
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

Hi All

We have just booked Rui Ferrara for August.

Can anyone advise how long the transfer would take?

Can anyone recommend any companies who provide private transfers?

Would anyone know how much a taxi transfer would cost?

Thanks in advance.

Pauline

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

Jaime Tours in Nerja do a taxi for Euro 65.

However, there are many taxis parked at the Airport Arrivals hall that do not need to be pre-booked.

Also a very easy journey by Bus at a fraction of the cost.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

Hotel Riu Ferrara can be of assistance when booking a taxi to and from Málaga Airport (approx €55,00 each way). For booking a taxi contact Riu Ferrara directly.

Tel: 034(952)527594 Fax: 034952534526

E-Mail: hotel.ferrara@riu.com

The journey is about 45-50 minutes

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

I returned from the Riu Ferrara four hours ago!

Friends me met travelled from the airport to the hotel by taxi last week and they were charged €75,00 one way. They did not pre-book the taxi.

I will write a review of the hotel tomorrow but if you have any questions, let me know.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

Hi, and thanks for coming to Torrox.

As you've heard, the transfer might take around one hour or so and the price may vary from arond 60 € to 75 ~ 80 €.

That is the difference between an arranged transfer and a taxi taken at the airport (you pay according to the distance).

If you want to go by bus, you have to wait for number 19, which will take you to Malaga Bus terminal. There, you'll have to take the bus to Nerja (when buying the ticket, you'll have to say you stop in Torrox).

If you wanna have more accurate details on line buses' times, you can write us telling your arrival time to

turismo@torrox.es, and we'll answer you with the times and transfers you have to do.

The price of the bus to Torrox from Málaga is around 3 €.

Waiting to receive news from you soon, receive our best regards.

Patronato Municipal de Turismo de Torrox

Liverpool , England
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

Hi Again

Thanks everyone for getting back to me with your recommendations.

I have emailed the hotel direct for the time being and will see what they come back with. (Thanks pavoreal).

Im just going to try and find your post now Welshtraveller to see what you thought.

Thanks again.

Pauline

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

Hi Pauline,

I have just submitted my review on the Riu Ferrara to trip advisor, should appear in the hotel section shortly. In the meantime, I will send the review as a private message.

Thought the hotel was very good, the staff were extremely friendly and the food was good. We also received a complimentary room upgrade which was very nice and unexpected. I am sure you will have a great time. Enjoy!

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

If you don't have any luck with the hotel try this local travel agent, they advertise airport taxi for €55:-

Viajes Ferramar.

Tel. (0034) 952531501

Fax. (0034) 952531766

email: viajesferramar@wanadoo.es

8. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, September 23, 2009
9. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

10. Re: Private/Taxi Transfer From Malaga-Rui Ferrara, Torrox Costa

Get answers to your questions about Torrox