We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

out and about from torrox

east yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
124 reviews
Save Topic
out and about from torrox

travelling to riu torrox-would appreciate if anyone one knows if a day trip to granada or elsewhere available, I don't want to hire a car but would love a day or so out and about.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: out and about from torrox

It all depends when you are coming. There are a couple of travel agents in Torrox Costa that do trips at certain time of the year. The main problem would be the language if you don't speak Spanish or German.

A bus trip into Nerja to search out trips from there may be a better idea.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: out and about from torrox

Pavoreal. That is an interesting reply to OP. Are you saying Torrox Costa is not a suitable resort for Brits? I am attracted to Riu Ferrara. I have always had excellent value from Riu hotels in other resorts and I was thinking of going off the Costa del Sol mainstream.I don't mind Germans as fellow guests and I know Riu hotels attract Germans.We just want to chill for a week in late June in a quality hotel with good food (which we have always had at Riu in the past).

PS As you are local what is Almunecar like as a resort for Brits?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: out and about from torrox

WirralScouse. Torrox Costa is perfectly suitable for Brits holidays. Residents are predominently German and Spanish but more British are settling here. When we moved here 5 years ago from Nerja, there was only 1 Brit bar, now there are several (but NOT loud, boisterous, open all night establishments), also the other Spanish businesses speak a lot more English now. The new hotel Riu Ferrara has made a lot of difference, and many Brits holiday here. In fact during St. Patrick's day the hotel is more or less taken over for a week by the Irish.

My point is that if anyone is seeking a coach trip from Torrox Costa, there are only Spanish and German travel agents, whereas in Nerja travel agents cater for British and there are several English run charities that organise trips.

I have only been to Almuñecar on day trips so cannot comment regards a holiday, but it is very Spanish orientated.

Come to Torrox Costa, we have a lovely long promenade, good beaches and facilities. The hotel is terrific,I'm sure you will enjoy it.

4. Re: out and about from torrox

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Torrox