We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in bad weather?

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what to do in bad weather?

We have booked for zagoria and tzoumerka for a total of 6 nights towards the end of next week. We have now discovered that the weather forecast is for some serious rain the whole time. We cant cancel. Can anyone suggest some alternative day trips we can do as the hiking and scenery outings might not be an option. We have a car.

Thanks very much.

Avron

3 replies to this topic
South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,609 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in bad weather?

You could spend a day exploring Ioannina. Buy an umbrella or cheap waterproof to keep worst of rain off. On the way to/from the city visit Perama Caves.

It can be frustrating to have hiking plans thwarted - happened to me one year & I struggled to find alternative activity. But serendipity led to the Kalpaki War Museum - & I ended up being grateful for the rain or I would never have discovered this gem. Dedicated to the Greek Resistance in WW2, absolutely crammed with displays & information. Cannot find an actual website but google "Kalpaki War Museum" & you should find reviews & comments. It seemed small on arrival but kept me enthralled for almost 3 hours.

Mentioned in this post
Ioannina
Ioannina
Ioannina Region, Greece
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do in bad weather?

Thanks. Will look it up

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,609 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do in bad weather?

Another possibility is the Botanical Museum at Koukouli - I was always there too early in the season to find it open but you could enquire locally. The National Park information centre at Asprangelli should have other possible suggestions. I am assuming the NP centre is still operational but it is a while since I was in the area & there have been no other comments on the forum about it. There is a dearth of updated websites for such places unfortunately.

Reply to: what to do in bad weather?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;