We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ability to get from Nosara to Ostional at the end of October

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Ability to get from Nosara to Ostional at the end of October

Hi - I am making my travel plans for October 30th to come for 4 nights to the Nosara/Ostional area to see the turtle arribada. I would much prefer to book accommodation in Nosara than Ostional because a) I would like to fly from San Jose and b) there is a better choice of accommodation and restaurants in Nosara compared to Ostional. But I know that for example just this week the road from Nosara to Ostional was not drivable due to weather. Is this also a high risk at the end of October? I certainly don't want to be stuck in Nosara and unable to see the turtle arribada. But if it's not an issue, would much prefer to fly in and stay in Nosara. Would be grateful for any input about road conditions at the end of October/ early November. Thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ability to get from Nosara to Ostional at the end of October

mesage may be too late for your travel plans-road conditions are at their worst October-early November. It is not that far between Ostional and Guiones/Nosara and depending on rain, might be best to hook up with a local tour group and leave the driving to them- a lot of places will be closed for the rainy season, if I was going to be "stuck" for a few days-would much prefer to be in Nosara, bring a good book!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ability to get from Nosara to Ostional at the end of October

I would prefer Nosara too! HA! But seriously, it has been super rainy, but the road is generally passable at some time during the day. Certainly would not try at high tide. As mentioned, best to ask locals when you get there, or get a tour guide.

3. Re: Ability to get from Nosara to Ostional at the end of October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nosara