We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river crossings from to Samara and San Juanillo early August

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
river crossings from to Samara and San Juanillo early August

Hola, Will be down in Playa Guiones next week. Are the river crossings to Samara and San Juanillo currently possible with a 4x4 SUV?

Gracias,

Darrell

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river crossings from to Samara and San Juanillo early August

Dear Darrell...

It is a nice ride...but knowing the road and how much the weather can change in matter of hours...the best for you is once you are here and ready to do it...ask locals...and plese listen what ever they have to said...and remmeber a wet car...can be take as a TOTAL loss for the rent a car...

roadadvsior

Toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river crossings from to Samara and San Juanillo early August

thanks will do, I've done it before in late November with no issues, I've just haven't been down in August before, will be very careful with the rental!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river crossings from to Samara and San Juanillo early August

Watch river before you cross, it can get deep after a big rain fall. Best to see how others cross to show you how to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggSwAYHa8u4

Edited: 6:50 pm, July 23, 2013
Toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: river crossings from to Samara and San Juanillo early August

well I just returned from my Costa Rica travels- trip to San Juanillo was way easier than in the past, Rio Montana now has a real bridge good for cars/trucks (see photo) so no more fording required! . The last two smaller rivers before San Juanillo also have full bridges. Only areas that needs to be negotiated by 4x4 are two smaller crossings just North of Nosara (ATV can still avoid with foot bridges)-would not have taken a regular car rental over these two crossings.

5. Re: river crossings from to Samara and San Juanillo early August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 15, 2014