We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

We are heading to Nosara this December. Does anyone know of a bus/van shuttle company that transports from the San Jose airport to Nosara??

Thanks

Leanne

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

Most shuttle services provide hotel to hotel service - and usually pick up at one of the hotels near the airport such as the Holiday Inn Express or others which are a short taxi ride away or use the hotel shuttle.

Some to look at include: www.anywherecostarica.com (click on transportation), www.shuttlebus.co.cr or www.easyridecr.com or check Grayline.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

Great! Thank you! I'm not seeing many shuttles or buses going to Nosara? Is there another location close by I should be looking at?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

For bus: You can try looking at San Jose to Liberia and then Liberia to Nosara or San Jose to Nicoya and Nicoya to Nosara. www.thebusschedule.com/cr/

For shuttle: Nosara isn't one of the main tourist destinations, so there might not be a lot of shuttle services. Typically, the shuttles go once in the morning and that's about it. To some locations, such as Arenal, you will find several in the morning and then one or two in the afternoon, but not Nosara. What you might do is look at a shuttle to Samara and then take a taxi from there to Nosara if that is in your budget. That might give you more flexibility.

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

Hi Leanne,

Please let me know what you find out regarding shuttle or bus service to Nosara. My husband and I are going to be making the same trek. I did see that there are crop duster flights from SJO to Nosara but that will cost another $100 or so.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

We ended up booking flights on Nature Air. It was $77 each way so an additional $400ish for both of us but I think the money is worth it if it allows us to get more time at the beach. We plan to spend the night at a SJO airport hotel and then fly out early the next morning to Nosara.

Hope that helps!

Leanne

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

Leanne: Keep in mind that Nature Air does not fly out of SJO but at another small airport in Pavas, a suburb of San Jose. You can stay somewhere near SJO and just get a taxi or stay somewhere near the Pavas airport. Isla Verde is a decent hotel very near the Pavas airport. It kind of depends on what time your flight leaves. If it's very early morning, then maybe Pavas is best. Otherwise, you have a large choice of lodging in Alajuela not far from SJO.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

Great thanks! I did contact Nature Air and they did tell me the same. They said they have a shuttle that could pick us up for $38 from a hotel near the SJO airport.

I will start to explore hotels for an overnight stay...

Thanks!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

Thirty eight dollars? That's a lot more than you would have to pay for a taxi.

Probably best to just spend the night before your flight at Isla Verde or one of the other hotels near the Pavas airport.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

oh really? how much would a taxi cost?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus or shuttle transportation from SJO to Nosara?

A taxi would be in the $25 range.

Get answers to your questions about Nosara