We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Travel from San Jose Airport to Nosara

Costa Rica
1 post
Save Topic
Bus Travel from San Jose Airport to Nosara

Hello!

I’m travelling from San Jose airport to Nosara, please can anyone advise me on the best bus to get? Also are there any good hostels near to the airport that offer shuttle service?!

Arriving tues so any quick responses will be greatly appreciated!!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Travel from San Jose Airport to Nosara

For bus to Nosara, check this: www.thebusschedule.com

There are a number of hostels and inexpensive hotels in Alajuela not far from the airport. Google hotel Alajuela or hostel Alajuela. Most of them don't have shuttle service but will pay your taxi. A taxi to most of them will cost from $3 to $5. Two that I recomend are: Hotel Los Volcanes and Hotel Mi Tierra.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Travel from San Jose Airport to Nosara

Sorry, I forgot to add this: At the bus station in Alajuela, known as La Radial (near the International Mall and the new hospital) you can get a bus going north to Liberia or Canas. Pulmitan buses run about every hour and there are several buses a day to Canas. You will not go all the way to either one of these. Get off at the Shell Station - tell the driver you want to get a bus to Nicoya - and get a bus to Nicoya. From there, take the bus to Nosara. The Shell Station is about 2 1/2 hours from Alajuela. Either a taxi driver or the staff at your hotel can tell you how to get to La Radial. You can even walk it from either of the two hotels I recommended - it is just over a mile but a taxi ride is less than $2.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Travel from San Jose Airport to Nosara

Or you can get the directo bus from San Jose to Nosara, without changing buses. Need to take taxi into San Jose to Terminal Alfaro. about a 5.5 hour trip.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Travel from San Jose Airport to Nosara

You can go into San Jose to catch the bus to Nosara but you will still go through Nicoya. If you get on the bus in Alajuela you can save yourself the time and money of going to San Jose and then backtracking through Alajuela.

5. Re: Bus Travel from San Jose Airport to Nosara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 21, 2010