We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubon square

malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ubon square

We have previously stay in Sunee hotel ,will be staying there again at the tail end of our holiday in South Laos.

Are there any option on hotels around the Ubon square area , preferably near to street hawkers or night market .

Not neccessary to be Sunee standard , some new boutique hotel will be good enough , something in the 1000 baht category ,,,just a short 1 night stay before we travel to Pakse.

Helsingoer, Denmark
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubon square

Bare in mind that Ubon Square is not open yet. Judging on the work, i dont think it will be open until feb/mar.

If you want to stay close to street hawkers, i would recommend you to try the corner of Thung Si Muang park. There is a hotel right there. I forgot the exact name, think its called Ubon hotel. There is alot of street hawkers, awesome food, and alot of buzz going on in the night. One of my favorit places to get street food.

malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubon square

Thanks for the info.

Any idea on Pen ta hug hotel ? is it in a good location for food & shopping ?

Helsingoer, Denmark
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubon square

Youre welcome.

No, personally i dont like Pentahugs location.

Ubon Ratchathani...
Level Contributor
7 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubon square

If you walk out of Pen Ta Hug and turn right you will come to a soi lined with street hawkers and small eateries.

Ratchathani Hotel is just across from the Tung Sri Muang night market.

Sri Isan Hotel down by the river is 50 meters from The Big Market but not sure it operates after dark.

If you walk out the back of Laithong Hotel and continue about 100 meters there is a night market there that specializes in Isaan cuisine.

All of the places mentioned are only about food.

malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ubon square

Wow that is lots of good info on food. Just wondering which is a newer hotel for just one night sleep for below 1000 baht a room in this area.

Is Pen ta hug newer out of the lot .

Ubon Ratchathani...
Level Contributor
7 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ubon square

Yes, Pen Ta Hug is the newest

malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ubon square

Wonder how far is Pen ta hug hotel to sunee hotel ?

Ubon Ratchathani...
Level Contributor
7 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ubon square

oh maybe 10-15 minute taxi ride

malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ubon square

Wonder is there anythin interesting in Nikornthani walking street , dont seem to get any info on this . Is it open only in the night ?

Any option on hotel if it is a good place to stay near the walking street .

It be good if you could share with us another hotel that is near to Sunee hotel

( walking distance ) if the ladies in our group wants to visit the shopping mall,

since Pen ta hug is 10 to 15 mins by taxi.

Once again thanks for the advice.

10. Re: Ubon square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, September 16, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ubon Ratchathani