We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minos Imperial

The Doghouse...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Minos Imperial

Thinking of going there first two weeks of October. Any idea what weather we could expect? Do the evenings get cold? Never been to Crete before so any general advice appreciated.

Jeefsafari Experience - Roger Rambo
Walking Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Climbing Tours, Private Tours
Milatos
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Minos Imperial

The Minos Imperial lies 10 minutes stroll from Milatos, on the coastal track. It takes about 3,000 or more guests. The Village has not lost any of it's lovely ambience. The Tavernas are still there and there are lots of little FAMILY hotels and Apartments and there are village houses for rent. We have 3 small supermarkets and the Harbour still lets Milatos keep it's name of "The Fishing Village". The boats are in and out all day and it is fun to watch the Taverna Owners racing to catch the "Catch of the Day".- facilitated now by mobile phone.....I wish more tourists would be a little more adventurous and come out of the Minos - they really don't know what they arre missing. There are now 3 tavernas in the top Village and during the summer there is Greek music and dancing in both the top village and the Paralia ( by the sea village).. Alabaston, you should really come back and view it now - it is still as lovely. I have lived in the Paralia for 8 years now and it is my little bit of Heaven.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,231 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Minos Imperial

It was wonderful, MG100. Knowing nothing about Crete, we booked a very cheap three weeks for the price of two holiday through a now-defunct travel operator, and got lucky.

We loved Milatos, and yes, I would like to go back and see what it's like now, Madon.

Milatos
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Minos Imperial

If you do this year Alabaston please pop in and see me at The Newline Cars and Bikes Office which is right next to the Merikles Taverna which at the bottom next to the little church. Come this year because I think we are going to have a wonnderful summer. The temperature at the moment ( February) is in the 20's and the sea and sky are so blue.

14. Re: Minos Imperial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kato Gouves
Recent Conversations