We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice restaurants in Gouves

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
nice restaurants in Gouves

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend the names of some nice restaurants in Gouves as we are going there on hols on Thursday!!

Thanks

Jeefsafari Experience - Roger Rambo
Walking Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Climbing Tours, Private Tours
London
Level Contributor
605 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice restaurants in Gouves

Not been there this year but last September we found the food to be pretty good wherever we ate, only problem was the price. Perhaps spoiled by Lesvos, where we seldom pay more than 20euros for a very good 2-3 course meal with wine, but we had to pay more than 40euros for something similar!

In the end we opted to stick to 3-4 starters to keep the price affordable to us.

County Durham...
Level Contributor
68 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice restaurants in Gouves

I'm away in early September to Gouves for 2 weeks and keep checking for the reviews on the restaurants. They all sound excellent but haven't really found what's the prices etc.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice restaurants in Gouves

Have just returned from Gouves this morning, so prices (in euros below) should be accurate!

Typical restaurant - Greek salad 4.00 - 5.00, pork or chicken grill dish 7.00, greek dishes kleftico, stifado etc about 8.00, steaks from 11.00 upwards. Large beer 2.50 - 3.00, house wine 4.00 - 5.00 for 0.5 litres. Bread/cover charge 0.50 - 1.00 per person.

Grill house/fast food prices lower - typical gyros pitta 2.50 - 2.80, gyros plate about 7.00

Don't know if you have been before or where you are staying, but Gouves has two distinct areas. The main shopping street area is on the east side of the resort about 400m inland. There is a very good grill house 2 doors down from the crossroads in the centre of the village, but I haven't been to any other tavernas in this area recently. There is another area about 1.5km West and near the sea (starting near the small church by the sea) where there are lots of apartments, hotels and restaurants but less clothes shops etc. If you are in this area I can thoroughly recommend Skorpios and Philipos for very good quality food and friendly service. Others also rate Milos and Medusa.

Virtually everywhere will also tempt you into free Raki - sometimes in alarmingly large quantities!!

Hope this helps, and have a good time.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice restaurants in Gouves

Sorry, my earlier post said church was 1.5 km West - should in fact be East!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice restaurants in Gouves

Sorry, my earlier post said church was 1.5 km West - should in fact be East!

6. Re: nice restaurants in Gouves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kato Gouves
Recent Conversations