We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips by hire car in the Coromandel

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips by hire car in the Coromandel

I would like some local info on scenic day trips or overnighters from the Pauanui area. We have a hire car with GPS and don't mind driving longer distances or doing short to medium length walks (up to 2 hours). I would particularly like to do an overnighter up north and stay at a B&B on the water somewhere. I have been on the Coro web site and have some ideas but some local info on out of the way places would be most appreciated.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips by hire car in the Coromandel

Wow, overwhelming response !!!!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,260 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips by hire car in the Coromandel

Perhaps some confusion in language! A" hire car" to me implies chauffeur-driven, not a "rental". Also without a quetsion mark people might think you are posting a review!

Have you read the suggested itineraries on the top RHS of this forum?

sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips by hire car in the Coromandel

Hi, check out Scott Cook's NZ Frenzy

www.nzfrenzy.com/

The book has some great drives and hiking suggestions for the North Island. You do need to buy the book ($10 PDF) but you can download a sample chapter for free.

We arent going to NZ till end of March but will be doing some of the hikes and drives suggested in the book around Coromandel.

4. Re: Day trips by hire car in the Coromandel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, March 05, 2014