We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak hire - Hot Water Beach/Hahei

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Kayak hire - Hot Water Beach/Hahei

Hi there,

I have troubles finding a place where we could hire kayaks, in either Hot Water Beach or Hahei on the Coromandel peninsula. I have only found organised kayak tours, but that does not appeal to us much (I do not like the tours because they sell something we do not need, unnecessary drinks or food, plus we like to go our own speed, plus they tend to be pricy).

Would you please have any suggestions where we could hire kayaks in this area?

Many thanks,

Tereza

Mentioned in this post
Coromandel Peninsula
Coromandel Peninsula
Waikato Region, New Zealand
New Zealand
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak hire - Hot Water Beach/Hahei

A few places I have found you can hire on the coromandel peninsular are:

Right on the beach at Cook Beach. Not sure if they are sit on tops or have sea kayaks also.

At the Dive shop in Tairua

info@divetairua.co.nz +64 7 864 8054

Kellys Hire and Hardware in Matarangi

Phone: +64 7 866 5430

At the camp sites at the following motor camps: Papa Aroha & Long Bay.

At Why Worrie Bed and Breakfast and backpackers - see listing in Trip Advisor.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak hire - Hot Water Beach/Hahei

We stayed at Paku Lodge in Tairua (about half an hour south) and they have FREE kayak hire for guests. Awesome place.

3. Re: Kayak hire - Hot Water Beach/Hahei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, February 03, 2012