We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

american school holidays

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
american school holidays

Hi,

I would like to know when the high schools in america are out on vacation,the reason for this is because i have experienced a few carribean holidays when it has been very rowdy due to large groups of high school teenagers.

mags

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: american school holidays

In the US, school spring breaks will vary from the end of Feb thru the first week of April.

Other then family vacations, St.Lucia is not on the spring break radar for US students.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: american school holidays

Not a big spring break destination - it is generally to expensive and far to get to for college kids on their own! They tend to stick closer to home - Mexico, DR maybe, points int he States, etc. No worries.

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: american school holidays

Thanks,

We are going to cb in october so well out of the school vacation period,not that i am against teenagers enjoying themselves,but when you get groups of 16-17 year olds playing drinking games,then being abusive and noisy in their rooms tends to make paying so much for a relaxing holiday a waste of time and money.

mags

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: american school holidays

summer vacation for the US is usually June-August. There is no week long vacation times in Oct., the next round of holidays is the US Thanksgiving, end of Nov. You should be fine - just regular holiday makers!

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
565 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: american school holidays

But, watch out for all the crazy Canucks celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving. Just kidding. It would be very unusual if high schoolers in large numbers were traveling unattended abroad at any time of year. The plights of American college spring break destinations are well known and generally isolated to certain areas which I would avoid at all costs even when I was a college student. Any other time of year or outside of those few destinations(like Miami, Cancun, Bahamas etc.) I would be more worried about the rowdy middle-agers who had too much to drink.

6. Re: american school holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, April 01, 2013