We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for stay at C-Bay?

Lincolnshire, U.K
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for stay at C-Bay?

Hiya Everyone,

We are going to Coconut Bay on Feb 28th (crossing off the calendar religiously!!) from the U.K and I have three questions....

The wind - obviously being on the Atlantic side of the island I am aware that the resort can get windy, is this a constant wind or does it drop from time to time? I am the kind of person that gets cold very quickly (even in 80 degree heat, if I am in the shade I get goosebumps!!) any advice would be great then I will know what to pack!!! Is it better by the pools as opposed to the beach?

Electricity supply - coming from the U.K do we still need a convertor? All U.K plugs are 3 pin (usually 220V) all the advice I have seen seems to be for people coming from the U.S.A & Canada

Currency - Yes, yes, I know the questions has been asked before :-) but would like some advice all the same... do I take USD and ECD or just one type of currency, I would hate to change from GBP to USD then have to pay another commission charge to change USD to ECD?

Thats all I can think of for now, any replies would be really, really appreciated.

Cheers

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,134 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for stay at C-Bay?

Wind is constant but the strength varies - most days it is a light to medium ocean breeze but sometimes it picks up and will blow sand along the beach. I suggest you bring a light sweater for the evenings.

C-Bay uses UK style electrical receptacles so no need for convertors.

I like USD $1s for tipping - the smallest denomination in EC paper money is $5 - but otherwise I use EC for local purchases. You'll get the best exchange rate on the island - you can change GBP to EC at the airport or withdraw it from an ATM.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,639 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for stay at C-Bay?

Yes, it is a fairly constant wind ranging from light breeze to wind - I would definitely recommend a light sweater for the evenings. It does help keep the mosquitos down and also keeps the heat more comfortable.

Voltage - from their website: the voltage of all electrical outlets at the resort is 220/50hz, so guests will need a converter. A british 3-pin plug (which are available for sale at any electronics store pre-travel) will suffice. As you are coming from the UK - no need for any converters for your items.

$$$ - bring a little in sterling and change it into EC once you are on island. You will get the best exchange rate that way. After that, use a local ATM to take $$ as needed. No need to change to US, then to EC and lose $$ on every conversion. At the hotel itself, you can charge everything to your room and pay be CC; for off-site items, EC is the local currency and is easiest to use.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for stay at C-Bay?

Rather than packing 2 sweaters for evening wear to go with my dresses I have switched over to a gold pashmina (not 18 karat gold but rather a brushed gold), which really does go with a lot of colors, plus it takes up less suitcase space.

The one I have is a blended one and cost $ 12.00 CDN. As you live in the UK (I know all about the frigid winter you are having) I am sure you still can find one before you leave on vacation.

First one shown here is close to the color I have

alibaba.com/product-gs/…showimage.html

Lincolnshire, U.K
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for stay at C-Bay?

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it.

LadyMcD - more snow forecast for today :-( but unlike in Canada where things carry on as normal, here in the U.K the whole country comes to standstill and cannot cope with even the slightest covering of snow! The sooner my holiday arrives the better!!

5. Re: Advice for stay at C-Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, May 08, 2013