We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at Coconut Bay

Which Vieux Fort hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodstock, Ontario
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
Food at Coconut Bay

Could anyone enlighten me on the variety of food at the buffet and the ala carte restaurants? Also is the food hot in temperature? How is the service in the dining rooms? Thanks, getting hungry just thinking about it--9 days to go.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at Coconut Bay

The buffet food usually has quite a good choice each meal,though it can get a little repetitive if there for two weeks.

The two upstairs restaurants are Bellagios which is Italian with a choice of about 5 dishes which stays the same all week, likewise with Silks, the oriental one. Both served very good, hot food.

Never had a problem with the temperature, whilst the service was good by laid back Carribean standards.

We used the buffet for breakfasts and lunch and used the a la cartes most evenings,though there is also outdoor barbecues once or twice a week which were more or less same as the buffets only the food was cooked fresh in front of you.

Enjoy your trip.

Woodstock, Ontario
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at Coconut Bay

Thanks for the information. We are there for 2 weeks. We can eat the same food for days (leftovers) at home so I think we can handle a little repetition. As long as I don't have to do the cooking or the dishes I am fairly happy.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
99 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at Coconut Bay

Hi franniC, We had a fantastic time at Coconut Bay this time last year - probably would have returned but this year we are taking our vacation in the summer months, not winter. Anyway, we are quite fussy eaters and always found the food fine. Yes, there may be a few dishes that people don't like but there are choices and we never went hungry. We tried all options of eating - main restaurant, lunchtime BBQ, Italian and Asian and everything was great. Have a fantastic time, I wish I was going back to St. Lucia for some warm weather.

4. Re: Food at Coconut Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 18, 2009