We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

Ontario
Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

Hi just wondering for those who have been, are there hairdryers in all the rooms?? I think there are and wasn't planning on bringing one ,just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

All of the bathrooms are equipped with hair-dryers.

However, just as an aside, if you want to bring any other appliances (or a lap-top computer), you'll need to bring a plug-in wall converter with you from Canada.

TTr

Ontario
Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

Thank you and yes I have an adapter!

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

My travel agent said the electrical outlets are the same as in Canada, it doesn't sound like they are. Is this correct?

Thanks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

If your agent meant that the sockets have fittings for prongs in the wall (and LOOK just like electrical sockets in Canada), then I'd have to agree with him.

However, after initial appearances, that's where the similarity ends.

If you are planning to bring any electrical appliances from Canada to use at Coconut Bay, you'd better bring a voltage adapter (or, if not, at least bring good quality sunglasses to cut down on the "fireworks show" in your room when you plug in your electrical appliance without one!) ;>) TTr

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

Thanks for this info. I'm on my way to buy an adaptor.

Ontario
Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

From Canada I brought a converter and adapter for my digital camera and had no problems.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

For things like a laptop, or recharger for you digital camera batteries, you are wasting your money buying a voltage converter. Nearly all of them will work quite happily on 220v or 110v, as they have a built in converter which takes the charge down to the 12v or so that the appliance requires. Look on the back of the plug for an "input" label; if it says 100 - 240 volt, all you need is a simple adaptor to get round different shape plugs.

8. Re: hair dryers at Coconut Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 22, 2009