We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pecking Mill Inn

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pecking Mill Inn

Has anyone stopped here before? Can't seem to find very much info on the place!?

7 replies to this topic
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pecking Mill Inn

Serena, I couldn't really find anything either, it is 2 star and a budget price but a nice area. Found the lack of photos of the bedrooms, beer garden etc a possible reason that they aren't particularly wonderful but the bar and resturant look nice if small. Again, nice looking budget inn. Fine if you are out exploring all day.

Perhaps you could be the first to do a review - with photos.

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pecking Mill Inn

Thanks for the quick response Sue :-)

Yes I did wonder about the lack of photos, but like you say, we'll be out exploring all day so this will be just a base so if the worst comes to the worst it's not the end of the day for us.

Are there any places locally to eat anyone would reccomend? Also, any activities that are a must to do? We're definately visiting Cheddar Gorge and Longleat, which will leave us with half a day to do something else.

Thanks again for your reply :-)

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pecking Mill Inn

Ooh forgot to say, I'll definately get some pics and do a review on my return!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,921 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pecking Mill Inn

Hi Serena

Shepton M isn't a place I normally go to so did a google search and there seems to be lots of info

www.sheptonmalletpeople.co.uk/restaurants… shouldn't go too much on those reviews though.

sheptonmallet-touristinfocentre.co.uk/eating…

This has alsorts of info. Of course the pub does food too.

Prices in the town should be more reasonable than the tourist hot spots & the food better.

Depending on how long you are there Wells is a lovely little spot, they have a lot of small cafes and the usual takeaways for lunches. Not knowing what your interests are take a virtual look around the area - motor museum or fleet airarm are good, or cider farm.

If it's September there is a country & western w/e at Brean. Wagons, indians on the roads, quick draw shootouts, huge markets. Good fun.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pecking Mill Inn

Sorry to say but Shepton Mallet is looking rather run down these days, many of the smaller shops are closed. The TV programme generated interest for tourists but I think you could be disappointed. However there are some lovely little villages in Somerset.

Maidenhead, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Pecking Mill Inn

Don't do it!

We stayed there last week for 2 nights. People friendly enough, downstairs common areas OK. However, the bedroom we had was VERY small, Could cope with that but the shower was disgusting with mould around the base and up the walls. I have photographs.

Breakfast good, but the tea cup I had first morning had cobwebs on the bottom of the cup and the cutlery looked as though it hadn't seen a dishwasher.

To charge £80 a night for B&B is a disgrace.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pecking Mill Inn

Yes food ok no beer on tap

Reply to: Pecking Mill Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shepton Mallet