We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

We will be travelling from Girona Airport to the Caleta Palace Hotel in Platja d'Aro in September, arriving September 16th around 10.20 a.m. and departing from Girona Airport around 17.55 on September 26th (so presumably leaving the Caleta Palace at around 15.00hrs.) Would anyone would like to share the cost of transfers with us? Transfers are extremely expensive and it will be much cheaper to share transport than to arrange it separately.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

Hi I am doing the same in October and e-maild the hotel and thay quoted me 30e for transfers but said you can only book them 15 days befor your trip.

Hope this helps

Tony

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

Thank you Tony. I know we can get transfers through the hotel but I was hoping perhaps to share costs with somebody else as the transfers are still expensive. Last year we were lucky enough to get free transfers and the driver was really helpful so we will definitely do it again if we can't share with anyone else.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

We are a family of 4 traveling late Sept for a week to caleta palace and best deal i can get is a private taxi with shuttle direct for £40 each way, as there are 4 of us is cheaper than using shuttle, and will hopefully allow us more flexibility on when we want to leave the resort.

VisitorExeter did you stay same time last year? If so do you know if the beach snack bar still open in october

I hope you enjoy your stays :)

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

Hi, yes we did stay at the same time last year, and by the middle of September they have closed the pool bar at the hotel. If you mean the cafe that is on the beach, that was still open by the time we left, just before the end of September. We had a fabulous time, but we weren't expecting to be entertained in any way - we are quite happy just to have a relaxing holiday. I do hope you enjoy your stay.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

Thanks, yes i meant the cafe in the beach as that is part of the hotel isnt it?

We have 10 year old twins so they are not that fussed on the kids shows anymore, just looking for a weeks peace and quiet if such a thing exists with twins ;)

Also for £303 for a week AI we are also not expecting fine dinning as some seem to expect.

I also read that there are 2 type of AI at this hotel, is this correct and do you know the difference. Sorry for all the questions.

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

No problems!

First of all, the cafe on the beach itself is nothing to do with the hotel. There is a pool bar which is part of the hotel, it is only open in season and does food as well, but when we went there it was out of season so it was closed and it will be closed when you are there. There will be snacks available, but quite frankly they are pretty basic, and only available when the restaurant is closed. That said - we liked the food. It was a little more adventurous than some of the other hotels we have been to, but there was always something plainer as well for those who are more fussy. Lots of salad, rice, pasta etc.

The kids show consisted of an entertainer and 'lovely assistant' playing the same kids songs every night and teaching the kids the dances to go along with them. They are geared towards the little kids, but that said there were some 12 year old ish girls having a great time showing off that they knew all the moves. The kids absolutely loved the entertainer so hopefully your two will like him too. I don't know what the daytime kids club stuff is like.

I suppose you could say that there are two kinds of AI - in that you can upgrade to AI Gold which will entitle you to have branded drinks instead of sticking with the local variety. We don't think it is necessary but then I suppose it depends on what you like really! The beer is good, it is Estrella. When we were there you could get Cava on AI as well if you like fizzy wine. Also when we were there you could get a whole bottle of wine (each) or water in the restaurant with your meals. This was different from the other hotels in the group - hopefully they will still be doing it that way this year. Keep hold of your water to take up to your room if you like to drink bottled water.

When we were there last there was only 1 English TV channel, and I think that was BBC Three, so take something to keep the kids amused if it rains. One thing you MUST be aware of is that the HTop bus that goes between the other hotels in the group does not operate in Platja d'Aro, it only operates between Callella and Lloret de Mar I think. Platja D'Aro is much further up the coast.

I'm happy to answer any further questions if you have any.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

Thanks for your reply, always nice to find someone who has been there and give a review :) and as your going back then it must have been good.

I asked about the beach cafe as i knew the kids would love it as it mentions it on the HTOP website so though that it was part of the hotel.

Not bothered about paying extra for imported brands as on holiday with kids so not intending to get blind drunk, and Estrella is good enough for me, albeit usually drink cider. and thanks for the tip on bottled water.

I am sure that al least one of my daughters will be taking part in the dancing ;)

Dave

Exeter, Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

I don't recall seeing any cider at all! Anyway - have a fabulous time.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

I am staying at the Caleta Palace early October and have emailed the hotel direct regarding an offer I seen online for free transfers from Girona.They have confirmed that they will arrange my transfers for me free of charge and somebody will be at the airport waiting for me.

I have never stayed at a htop but have been to Tossa Beach and Santa Susanna resort twice each in the last year,and had very good holidays.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer between Girona Airport and the Caleta Palace hotel

Hi Andrew,

Can I ask where you saw the offer for free transfers from Girona. I am traveling on Sat from Bristol and was going to catch a taxi so if i could get a transfer that would save £90.

Dave

Get answers to your questions about Platja d'Aro