We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hello,

Are there a few options for train travel between Castelldefels and Barcelona, the city centre? We are considering staying in Castelldefels in August 2013 (to allow for pool ad relaxation for children) with the plan to travel to BCN every day and do not want to spend so much time in route. Thank you for information.

48 replies to this topic
Spain
Level Contributor
774 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Rodalies trains take about 20 mins to Sants.

Timetable

renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

portsmouth
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hi I Lived in Castelldefels for a year, just came back to England.

Transport into Barcelona is easy. Best option is Bus, they stop by most hotels and go right into the heart of Barcelona (last stop). Takes about 40mins by bus because of the traffic.

Trains run about every 20mins but bit of a trek to the station if you are staying near the beach.

Castelldefels has a lovely prom about 5 miles long..Lots of bars etc in town, but no English bars. It's a lovely spanish resort.

If you need any more info please contact me

Gill

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Thank you, Glll. I appreciate your information and offer and will keep this post on hand. We now may have changed our plans to go to Costa Brava a few days and then to BCN, where we will stay in the city. Thank you. Raleigh

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hi,

Just saw this while researching the town as I may be going for a job there and would love some more info about the place if you have time please!

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hi,

Just saw this while researching the town as I may be going for a job there and would love some more info about the place if you have time please!

portsmouth
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hi

Just only looked on here, do you still need some info?

Gill

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Hi Gill

Do you happen to know

a) how much (approx.) the train fare is from Castelldefels to Barcelona?

b) whether or not there are concessions for children; and

c) is it any cheaper to buy a return ticket as opposed to two single tickets?

I am thinking about staying in Castelldefels for a few days with my family and would prefer not to have to drive.

Paul

portsmouth
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

HI Paul

It's best to buy a T10 ticket at the station. When I was there last year it was 9euros for 10 trips really cheap. You can use it between the family, so you will not have to buy one each. Train to Barcelona centre will take about 35mins and count as one trip. You can also use it on the tube. for example if you were to get a train to Barcelona from Casteldelfels then a tube to another part of Barcelona, as long as it is wihtin an 1 1/2hrs it will only be classed as one trip. The transport system is really good.

No consessions for children, but it;s cheap enough

Hope this info is useful if you need any more advise please contact me

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

For anyone using Roadlies and wanting to go to central Barcelona, don't alight at Sants, use Passeig de Gracia station.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.

Thank you very much for that information, Gill. I shall certainly make use of it now that we have gone ahead and rented an apartment in Castelldefels. 'Looking forward to visiting Barcelona! Paul

Reply to: Trains between Castelldefels and Barcelona.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castelldefels
More Castelldefels Topics