We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

Hi, can anyone please suggest the best apartments/villas in PB, within walking distance of shops/restaurants for lady with slight walking problems, not in wheelchair, but can't walk far, don't want to hire a car, so central if possible please, for a break in January 2015. Thank you everyone :)

Uk
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

We are staying in Casa Aloe Vera in June:

www.lanzarotelates.com/lanzarote-villa-54103

Unsure what your limits for walking distance is but I been led to believe it is 15-20min walk to beach, marina & town. I have googled mapped it on streetview and it all looks pretty flat!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

Best positioned hotel is the Princesa Yaiza overlooking Dorada Beach and only 10mins walk for the town and marina along the promenade but carries a price, similar location but back from the sea is the White Suites but is next to the road without sea views but handy for the same locations. The marina is also good, Pueblo Marinera is fine and has restaurants and bar on your doorstep, the beach is 10 mins walk and the town is 20 mins along the prom but fairly flat

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

Hi, i have COPD which leaves me breathless quite easily,ok if i keep stopping though ! Thank you for replying.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,474 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

Try Las Brisas or Los Calamares. Both a within a 5 or so minutes of the promenade. There is a slight incline, more so to Los Calamares, but nothing drastic. Las Brisas is just across the road from a Superdino supermarket.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

In that case you may want to avoid the White Suites as it goes up a bit of an incline to the main road from the beach, also the road from town will involve a walk up a hill but not a steep one

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

Thank you, i will have a look.

WEST LOTHIAN
Level Contributor
105 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

my husband has some mobility problems too and we found casas del sol was fine . He finds he has to stop and start too , and there were plenty of seats and little walls he could sit and rest as we made our way to the front/town or along promenade towards playa flamingo direction . They are down near the harbour end of PB . If you contact them ask for level access part of the site as there is a small incline in the complex . Las Casitas seemed very level too and nearer town centre and may be worth a look, as is Las Brisas mentioned above

Edited: 1:12 pm, March 21, 2014
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

Puerto Chico apartments are down that way some with sea views

img594.imageshack.us/img594/3977/ua91.jpg

Edited: 1:29 pm, March 21, 2014
derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

I'd go with Leyland and suggest Los Calamares or las brisas

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best apartments/villa Playa Blanca

Location of those two are on post #14 of this thread, the bus station is the oblong building with the town in front, the Las Brisas is on the right of the bus station and Los Calamares behind to the left but if wrong Leyland will put me right lol

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187477-i240-k72…

Edited: 2:33 pm, March 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca