We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villas blancas

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
villas blancas

hello

we are stopping in the villas Blanca's villas can anyone give me some feedback to where the nearest shop is. as we are arriving late and need to get some essentials. is the area nice and how far away from beach and restaurants

thankyou

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
723 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villas blancas

Villas Blancas is a nice, gated community of spacious villas just a bit out from the centre of Playa Blanca. Most people staying there would hire a car - highly recommended anyway for seeing the island.

Nearest supermarket - a small convenience shop at Paradise Island Hotel, about 600 metres away. There are better supermarkets in Playa Blanca or you could pick up what you need on your way from the airport.

Nearest beach is Playa Flamingo), about 1.9 km, about ½ hour casual walk. If you want to go to the Papagayo Beaches, you'll probably need to hire a car.

Nearest restaurants are just beyond the Natura Palace Hotel, about a 15-minute walk. I'd recommend Restuarante El Argentino, Sebastyan’s and Luna Rossa (there is also an uninspiring chain Indian restaurant, Fazz).

The centre of Playa Blanca is about 2.7 km, 50 minutes casual walk.

If you don't want to drive, there's a bus service every half hour from just outside the estate (1.30 Euros) and taxis to the centre of Playa Blanca or the Marina Rubicon cost 4-5 Euros - you can phone for them to come to the entrance or there is a taxi rank a short walk away..

Edited: 8:52 am, February 27, 2014
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villas blancas

I was struggling with that one Lincoln, the map is showing them at the bottom of the volcano and near the back, not sure whether thay are in this picture but one site say 4km to near supermarket, a bus would take you to Faro Park where there is one, but not sure if any nearer towards town by the Natura Palace where there is 4/5 resto

img196.imageshack.us/img196/7049/gudq.jpg

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
723 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villas blancas

Yes, they are at the bottom of the volcana, Montana Roja.

They are near the centre of your picture, backing on to the big open space as you look towards the Hache Grande mountains.

Edited: 9:33 am, February 27, 2014
Newcastle, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: villas blancas

Cheers delboy

Could you tell me if there are any bars around the area.

Newcastle, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: villas blancas

Thanks

Is there any bars around were we are staying.

Is it a nice area where we are staying.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villas blancas

I think the nearest bars would be by the Natura Palace hotel promenade where there are 4/5 restaurants but a bit of a walk, alternatively you could get the bus to Faro Park or go back into Playa Blanca Town in the same bus but the bus packs up around 10:30pm

Edited: 6:57 am, March 04, 2014
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villas blancas

but I managed that walk, so i'm sure you will be ok lol

Newcastle, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: villas blancas

hello delboy

pleas could you send me the link when you walked from rubicorn marina to the light house

looking for any details about bars and restuarants near faro park and flamingo beach

cheers

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villas blancas

Hi alfie

Here is the link. other walks are in the 'Playa Blanca holiday 2012' within the sticky ' Trip Report' at the top of the page on the TA Lanzarote forum

Also the trip into Faro Park is on day 8 of 'Playa Blanca Trip report day 8 to 15' on the same sticky thread 'Trip Reports'

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: villas blancas

There are 5 bars on the parade at Faro Park. There are 2 British bars, The Lighthouse and The Snug, and also 2 Spanish bars, Asturiana and Bar El Faro. Finally, there is a cocktail bar called The Lounge. The British bars show all the Sky Sports football etc and also offer karaoke and that kind of stuff if that's your thing.

Additionally there are 3 restaurants there - Port of Call (British), Del Travisiano (Italian), El Flamenco (Spanish/Tapas), and soon there'll be a Bella Italia restaurant (they were fitting it out last week). There's also 2 shops selling all the essentials, and Le Moka which is an outstanding bakery/cafe.

Oh, and there's also a chicken shop.

The bus stop at Faro Park is literally outside where the bars etc are you can't miss them.

Edited: 3:25 pm, March 25, 2014