We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Heated' private villa pools

Mayo
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
'Heated' private villa pools

I am about to rent a villa in Playa Blanca. Private pools are advertised as being heated. Some powered only by solar energy. What would be the average temp.? Any comments please.

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 'Heated' private villa pools

Contact the owner or agent and ask how the pool is heated. Solar heating is fine during the summer months, but not in the winter months.

London
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 'Heated' private villa pools

28C?! Jeez why not go the hole hog and turn it into a hot tub!!!

In high summer anything over 25C I find too hot - just doesn't cool your down.

Anything under 22C is pretty cold in the winter - its a fine line between the two.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,280 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 'Heated' private villa pools

The villa we've stayed in for several years usually gets to around 32-34 in September, with the solar heating. It's like getting into a lovely warm bath. The one we used this year was slightly cooler :( albeit the owner did put a note on my booking for an extra warm pool 32 degrees.

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: 'Heated' private villa pools

We have a villa in Playa Blanca with a heated pool, this is not solar heated but electrically heated, however the

majority of these systems use heat exchangers, i.e a fan that draws the air through it to heat the water, unless you have a very high powered system the units struggle to raise the pool temperature much above the ambient air temperature, so in winter months 28 degrees is a bonus, 26 degrees would be more normal.

In addition these units need to run day and night because the water temperature will drop by 1-2 degrees overnight therefore it would take all day to get back up to it's original temperature. 26 degrees is plenty warm enough, especially when you have done a length or two.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 'Heated' private villa pools

Confirmed with Optima that the pool is electrically heated.

16. Re: 'Heated' private villa pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca
Recent Conversations