We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

Hi

We are considering booking either the Natura Palace or the Volcan, can anyone advise which is the best, particularly in terms of the food and room? I appreciate that the Volcan is in a better location.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

They are impossible to compare - the volcan is huge, lo rise and rambling and goes for a more of a shabby chic look. Amazing breakfasts as well. Natura is more of a traditional hotel.

Well if you like the marina then yes volcan is well located but natura better positioned for walking to flamingo beach etc.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,885 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

might add the Volcan is better for walking to the Dorado beach

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,846 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

If you're just a couple I'd be tempted towards the Club Volcan adult only section at the Volcan.

www.hotelvolcanlanzarote.com/index.php…

If you want a beach, it's a quick stroll to the Dorada beach, which IMO, is the best one in Playa Blanca, and then another stroll in the town itself. You've obviously got the Marina right on your doorstep, and it's better located for Playa Blanca itself than the Natura Palace.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
286 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

Hi

Something you may want to consider is that the hotel whilst 4 star has in it's grounds some 3 star apartments (Natura gardens) We stopped at the hotel and found that guests in the apartments are allowed to use the hotel facilities in particular the pool and sunbed area.. so you could find, as we did that you want a bed by the pool only to find them occupied by guests from the apartments who choose to do this rather than use the pool at the apartments, ( wouldn't you) indeed if you read the reviews for the apartments, guests who have stayed there encourage others to do so. The same goes for food with the apartment guests able to have meals in the hotel.

See here

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g652121-d2866…

So while not wanting to discourage you, because it is a nice hotel, well situated, there can be more people using the facilities than are actually staying in the hotel itself.

regards

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
286 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

hi Again

Not sure when you are going but the website for the Natura palace states that some of the pools will be closed for maintenance

see below

We wish to inform you that between the 27/07/13 and the 09/08/13 (both dates inclusive) the outdoor Jacuzzi and the adult's salt water pool at the Hotel Natura Palace will remain closed in order to carry out necessary maintenance work to these facilities.

The adult's freshwater pool and the children's pool will be open during this period for our guests to use and enjoy.

…hipotels.com/hotel-natura-palace-in-lanzaro…

regards

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

can't comment on the food - i think it's a shame to go HB in any hotel in Blanca with such a fantastic range of quality restaurants. Food aside, I'd personally choose the Volcan. Nothing wrong with Natura Palace but it is a very traditional hotel, attracting a mostly older clientelle and it is in more of an isolated location. By contrast the Volcan is superbly located, right above Marina Rubicon with all the additional facilities that brings - bars, restaurants, cafes, shops etc - yet only a short walk to a great beach (Dorada) and into Playa Blanca town - attributes that don't apply to Natura Palace. I also think that even the 'standard' rooms in the Volcan are junior suites - so more space and seating area.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

Many thanks for all of your replies, much appreciated.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

Hi Tulip

Got back from the Volcan on 30th June - still finalising my full review but hope to post it this weekend.

The standard rooms were a brilliant size with lounge area and very clean. Fresh pool/beach towels free of charge twice a day. The main pool is huge, there's also a nice smaller (warmer!) upper pool, beautiful lobby with a stream running through it. The buffet breakfast is excellent in the restaurant which extends out over the pool on stilts. The location next to the marina is great for eating out (highly recommended) and playa dorada beach is about 15 mins walk.

The only minor downsides for me were that the main pool lounger mattresses could do with replacing , and in June they had some very weird restricted bar opening hours.

I'd definitely pick the Volcan again over the Natura Palace. There are some good deals to be had on the Volcan if you look around.

By the way - if you go with Sovereign, try for a "standard" room rather than "promotional" - the rooms are the same internally but Sovereign don't make it clear that promo rooms are ground floor so not very private on the balcony.

I hope you have a good time!

9. Re: Natura Palace or Hotel Volcan - which is the best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 27, 2014