We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa blanca hotels

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
playa blanca hotels

hi ,wondering if any one could tell me more about playa blanca,what its like,good hotels not too far away from beaches and bars,shops etc? we are hoping to visit in july with 2 children,age 2 & 9 years, and am looking for a nice hotel that isnt too far from everything. Alot of hotels ive looked at seem to be set quite far from the center of playa blanca,any advice on any nearer? we stayed in peurto del carmen a few years back,so am wondering how the two resorts compare? not too bothered about kids clubs,or lots of noisy bars etc, just need somewhere nice to walk to in evenings, etc! any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa blanca hotels

Princesa Yaiza is in superb location and great for adults and children. Best hotel on the island!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa blanca hotels

Princess Yaiza is the best hotel in the resort in the best location between the Marina Rubicon and town centre. It's a 5 star. Al alternative that will be cheaper is Lanzarote Princess - set one road back from the 5 star but still only less than 5 min walk to the beach also.

Blanca and PDC aren't comparable - Blanca i much more authentic and nightlife is very low key - it's more about a nice walk, great meal and a few drinks either side. No clubs and only a couple of loud bars of the type you'd find in Carmen. The seafront promenade is beautiful and extends to around 6 miles each direction.

If you want specific advice, let us know what your likes/dislikes/nees are and we can be more detailed.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playa blanca hotels

Thanks for the replies,playa Blanca sounds just what we are looking for! Looked into the hotel prncessa yazia and was a bit out of our price range! If anyone can recommend some good 4 star hotels not to far away from everything,please let me know! Also just wondering how long is transfer from airport to playa Blanca? Thank you .

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa blanca hotels

As Jomark says it depends what you want!. Have a look at he Lanzarote Princess, it is central and has good children's facilities. It is located in a central position and an easy walk to playa Dorada beach or into the town.PB is more quiet and less hectic than PDC so can be more relaxing. Have a look at the posts by DelboyAylesbury who has some super pictures of the area.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: playa blanca hotels

As I said, try Lanzarote Princess. Transfer time obviously depends whether you're first/last drop off. We hire a car and airport to villa is 30 mins (via Femes) - coach transfers will be longer.

Dublin
Level Contributor
515 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: playa blanca hotels

We are travelling with children in Sept and booked a natural retreats villa for €750 for the week. Have used their properties in Ireland a few times and the standard has always been excellent. Am hoping this will be the same!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: playa blanca hotels

Playa Blanca is a wonderful resort. I visited quite a few other places while I holidayed there in Feb and none matched up to PB. It has everything all the others I went to had and more. The marina is stunning and the whole place is a lot more upmarket than other places I visited. As for hotels near to beach. Sorry I don't know any. Our hotel was a good 20 minute walk from PB centre, although they did a free shuttle bus, but we hired a car which took 5 mins so never used the bus. It all depends on what you want and expect from a hotel. I stayed at the Corbeta and thought it was fabulous for the price we paid - couldn't find much to complain about at all, though some of the reviews make me wonder what people expect for their dollar. It also depends on what time of year you visit. I could see that the Corbeta was not full to capacity and I could see our experience might have been much different had we chose to go during school holidays. This summer I have booked H10 Rubicon Palace which is a little further out than the Corbeta. Not stayed there before but had a look round it while in PB in feb and it looked lovely. It has excellent reviews too. I will definitely return to the Corbeta next Feb though, just wasn't sure it would be up to it during a busy summer season when the kids are off, but fine for an off peak holiday.

Edited: 5:35 pm, April 20, 2013
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: playa blanca hotels

Thanks to all for advice,playa blanca sounds just what we are looking for ,looked at a lot of lovely pics of the Marian area which looks stunning. Lanzarote princess is the hotel we are leaning towards as its central. Lots of mixed reviews on here about it,if anyone has been recently,please let me know what it's like! .

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: playa blanca hotels

That hotel has had a recent refurb (as have many in that hotel chain) so it's now a modern, contemporary option in a great location. The trick, I think, is to avoid HB or AI - the restaurants are just too good right across the resort. If you book that hotel SC or BB, then you get a centrally located nicely refurbed 4 star hotel within 5 minutes of the town centre, restaurants and a great beach. 10-15 minute walk to Marina Rubicon.

I'd suggest you consider the more recent reviews (post-refurb), check the hotel website and accept that every hotel in every resort will get mixed reviews. In terms of people teling you what it's like - that's exactly what the TA reviews do. So, again, if you have a specific concern/question/issue, tell us and we'll try to help but the reviews already answer your question.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: playa blanca hotels

Good advice! Many thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca