We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
304 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

We are arriving Thursday 25th April at 8pm in Arrecife. I guess by the time we get luggage and car we won't leave the airport until gone 9pm. I was wondering about stopping off in Puerto Calero or the old town puerto del carmen for something to eat as these are not too far to drive. Will restaurants take orders 9.30pm plus.

Alternatively we could drive to the rubicon marina area of playa blanca near our villa but probably won't get there until nearer 10pm.

Any advise appreciated.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

Not sure if you've been before but my experience of Arrecife airport is that luggage is out quickly and it's often feasible to collect luggage, sort hore car and be on the road 30 mins after landing. So you may have a little more time to play with if all goes well.

Calero would be a good choice - easier to get parked and all the restaurants are together, so no walking around an area. Your timings will be fine and the restaurants will certainly stil serve at that time. The other option is to stop at Casa Emiliano in Femes (assuming that's the way you go - I always find it shorter and quicker), then you're only 5-10 mins from your villa. You'll also have options both at Marina Rubicon and in Playa Blanca at that time but you're wise to plan ahead since it will likely be quiet and restaurants will close a bit earlier.

Have a great time.

Scotland
Level Contributor
304 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

Thank you - quiet it just what we all need.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
786 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

Yes, agree with JoMark - these days my wife and I have usually got our luggage and are ready to drive away in our hire car within a half hour of landing. It's another 30-minute drive to Playa Blanca from the airport.

Puerto Calero would be nice, especially as the restaurants are so close together so it's fairly quick to choose the one you want to go to, but don't know if you're like us, but we like to get where we're going before we can truly relax. Puerto del Carmen is probably best avoided.

When we arrive at our villa we like to leave our luggage then head down to Lanis at the marina and have a bite to eat. On our first night we're not looking for anything fancy, just something simple but well cooked, sat outside at the snack bar (not the restaurant). It's great to be sat outside in the warm air by the yachts with the fish swimming around below you after having been cooped up in airports and on a plane all day. Lanis usually serve food until 11.00 pm but we try not to leave it quite that late if we can avoid it.

Edited: 7:57 am, April 18, 2013
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,507 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

Lincoln, just reading about Lanis, and the yachts, and the fish, is making me quite 'homesick'!

Scotland
Level Contributor
304 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

Sounds great - Lanis it is if we are running to time. We effectively have to drive past the Marina to get to our villa - is there parking around or best to park at the villa and walk back. We are in Los Colarades so about a 15 minute walk, I think. Playa Blanca new to us.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

There's plenty parking around the marina - shouldn't be a problem.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

you can park right at Lani's - the car park is right betwee Lani's main restaurant on the left and the snack bar on the right. Great suggestion for first night for a casual meal or tapas.

hampshire
Level Contributor
524 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

I thought I would hijack this thread as we are arriving late too but staying at CasadelSol so near the ferry terminal so would be interested if anyone knows a Restaurant not too far from there for our first night meal

Does anyone know if the ones on the seafront serve food late or is a 9pm finish for most ?

Thank you

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,507 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

I've never seen restaurants on the front closing at 9pm.

hampshire
Level Contributor
524 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving late - somewhere to eat?

Any idea what time they stop taking orders ??

Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca