We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun royal vs sun island

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sun royal vs sun island

Hi - does anyone know if these are sister hotels and you can use facilities in both hotels?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
375 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun royal vs sun island

No they aren't sister hotels.

Louise

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun royal vs sun island

Have you stayed in either trying to work out which is the best, looking for a cheap hotel for 3 days in April AL, royal has the better reviews, but wondered will there be entertainment?

I have 2 children 10 & 7 so want to keep them entertained.

Thanks

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
375 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun royal vs sun island

We stayed at Sun Island in Oct 2009 and Sun Royal in April 2011. Sun Island at the time was mainly used by Spanish elderly guests and its sister hotel Sun Tropical was a Thomas Cook hotel. I think they are now almagmated. The apartments were cheap and cheerful, clean and the pool was fine. We actually looked into going here again at Easter as we found a good deal (but decided to stay home)

Sun Royal was also a very similar hotel. Apartments clean but a bit tired. Food was good in both.There was entertainment going on in both and am sure the Sun Royals top pool was slightly heated as thats where the kids headed. Similar sort of distance to Playa Blanca 10 minute walk in!

Both places are cheap and cheerful and you get what you pay for. i'd go back to either if I could get a reasonable deal.

I did do a review of Sun Royal but hadn't joined TA when we went to Sun island

Louise

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,454 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun royal vs sun island

The Sun Royal and the Sun Tropical Island are sister hotels. They are part of the Sun Hoteles Group, but whether you can use the facilities at each I don't know.

reservas@sunhoteles.com is the email for both properties if you want to ask them.

www.hotelsuntropical.es/index.php…

http://www.hotelsunroyal.es/index.php?lang=en

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
375 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun royal vs sun island

They are not next to each other however. If you look at the maps available on TA you can plot where they both are!

Louise

6. Re: Sun royal vs sun island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca